Location: UK, Remote.
What you’ll get to do…
The GoDaddy eCommerce Platform has an opening on our payments engineering team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a skilled team, applying new technologies to tackle big problems that directly impact the company’s bottom line. What are we working on? We are moving full-steam towards reinventing our payments platform to be globally distributed, robust, and fully automated. This new platform will be plugin-enabled, allowing GoDaddy to easily integrate with any payment gateway. If this sounds like something you want to work on, we want to hear from you!
- Design, implement and test the various microservices that comprise our payments platform
- Design, implement, test and maintain integrations with new and existing payment providers
- Continuously refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
- Provide operational support for critical internal APIs/tools that support high-demand customer-facing systems
Your experience should include…
- 2+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience with Java and Spring Boot (other languages/frameworks a bonus)
- Experience with RESTful APIs and a good understanding of microservice architecture
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools (preferably JIRA)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and standard methodologies (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Proven understanding of data structures and common algorithms
- Understanding of relational (MySQL) and non-relation database systems (Cassandra)
- Understanding and experience with Linux/UNIX
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: OpenShift; ELK stack (Kibana)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree, with validated computer science fundamentals
You might also have…
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Interest/experience with e-commerce and payments
With over 20 years’ experience and more than 3.5 million domains registered, 123 Reg are the largest provider in the UK (United Kingdom), with over 1.7 million websites using our services every day. Although a lot has changed since we first started, our philosophy has always stayed the same as we believe that succeeding online should be achievable for everyone, regardless of technical skill
level. As such, we aim to make the entire process as simple and easy as possible so that our customers can focus on what they know best: their business. By offering affordable, no-nonsense products such as domains, websites, email, web hosting and more, we help small business owners overcome the hurdles typically involved when getting started online. Furthermore, every 123 Reg product comes with access to our friendly and knowledgeable Support teams, who are here to assist our customers every step of the way.
Since we’re also part of the GoDaddy family, our supportive attitude extends to our company culture as well. We aren’t afraid to take risks or try new ways of doing things, and we firmly believe that to truly take care of our customers, we need to take care of each other and ourselves first.