Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
We’ve built a fantastic (and highly rated) mobile experience for students to discover jobs, events, and information from their peers over the past few years. We’ve focused quite a bit on creating a delightful user experience, but we have so much more work to do!
We are looking for a mid-level iOS engineer to join our Spark Engagement team where they will work on features to allow students to connect with the right employers through improving their ability to get the information they need to understand the opportunities in front of them, and developing a more robust and valuable messaging system to facilitate this connection.
In this role, you will build new experimental features, implement core architecture, and craft new ways to help students find and build meaningful careers. You will be involved from design all the way to release; working closely with product, design and engineering teams to create a fantastic experience for our users. You will have the opportunity to shape the foundation of iOS development and mobile culture at Handshake.
We’ll count on you to be a vocal leader. Junior engineers will look to you for mentorship and leadership will look for opportunities for you to take on impactful responsibility.
- You get to architect and build new features for a rapidly growing user base.
- You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team with other engineers, a designer, and a product manager.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new paradigms and patterns as we scale our team to a large Mobile organization.
- We’ll rely on your experience in general engineering architecture discussions as well as product planning meetings.
- You’ll help maintain a high level of code craftsmanship through thoughtful code review.
- You’ll mentor junior engineers and share your experience and knowledge with senior engineers in order to level up the codebase as well as our shared knowledge.
You’ll work with these technologies:
SwiftUI, UIKit, Snapkit, MVVM+C, Swift, XCTest, Fastlane, and more
Targeting iOS 15+
- You have an eye for good design
- You appreciate friendly user experiences
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time
- You are a problem solver and a critical thinker who can communicate effectively
- You have 3 to 5 years of professional working experience with the iOS platform
- You have on the job experience with Swift
- You have on the job experience with UI development
- You have on the job experience with data persistence, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, MVC, and MVVM+C architectures
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.