Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.’s ‘house of brands’ portfolio has expanded to include four individually distinct eCommerce brands – Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you’ll solve unique problems alongside dedicated coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a dedicated and versatile iOS Engineer to join a team primarily building features in Etsy’s iOS app that is used by millions of buyers all over the world. You will collaborate with teams across Etsy to identify, prioritize, scope, and implement projects that enable the growth of native apps in the marketplace.
This is a full-time position reporting to an Engineering Manager. For this role, we are considering candidates based in Mexico who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
This team has a very unique mission to help teams across the entire Etsy to build their features in the app and leave an outsized impact.
Daily operations would include collaborating with a talented team of engineers, designers, and product and analytics colleagues who work together across Etsy to support our native apps. Our growing team requires someone who will thrive making technical contributions in a busy environment but loves to have fun while they do so!.
Millions of users rely on our Etsy app and your work will be seen and used by some of Etsy’s most dedicated buyers across the world.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Contribute impactful work on Etsy’s highly rated iOS apps with millions of users.
- Write code in both Swift, and Objective-C.
- Work on sophisticated and exciting debugging challenges.
- Lead and assist in performing any needed testing including unit, functional, visual, etc.
- Continue to advance your skills in using modern mobile development technology in a collaborative setting.
- Confidently communicate technical issues with all vital stakeholders.
- In collaboration with your team, craft the processes to impact our users’ experience substantially.
- Of course this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Are proficient in Swift and Objective C (we’re increasingly Swift, but some areas of our codebase are still ‘classic’ iOS).
- Have app(s) published on the App Store, demonstrating a strong product focus and an eye for design.
- Can communicate complex technical issues in clear language.
- Are passionate about beautiful code and quality development practices.
- Have experience with testing (unit tests, functional tests, visual tests) and accessibility frameworks.
- Have previously worked on large applications with many developers or teams.
- Are generous with your time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.
- Can define and tackle unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
- Have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive total compensation (salary + equity + bonus) based on qualifications.
- 30 days Christmas Bonus
- 20 vacation days per year
- 11 paid holiday days per year
- Fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Monthly work/life stipend for wellbeing
- Meal Voucher Card (2000 MXN monthly)
- 26 weeks of paid parental leave
- And more!
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.