As we launch Skillshare in target markets around the world, you’ll be responsible for the creation, management & implementation of localized marketing strategies across both performance and brand marketing. We’re growing rapidly internationally and are excited to welcome a creative, analytical global marketing leader to guide our approach to scaling our existing global marketing channels locally as well as testing into new channels that can drive growth in new markets. This role is highly collaborative, and your work will have a direct impact on the success of our business and company trajectory.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and scale our International growth, acquisition, and retention efforts across global markets (inclusive of strategy, execution and testing) in collaboration with the rest of our marketing team.
- Optimize channels for local markets with a multi-million dollar budget across paid search, paid social, affiliate marketing, referrals, influencer marketing, podcasts, and more.
- Help define our international marketing strategy in key international markets.
- Collaborate with our brand marketing team and local market managers to scale performance and brand marketing strategies for go to market launches.
- Build upon current analytics to track and report on market specific performance performance, including budget tracking and forecasting across paid channels.
- Establish market specific marketing goals including LTV:CAC by market, ROAS, and conversion.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You have a proven track record of driving International user acquisition through strategy, budgeting, forecasting, and measuring performance across a variety of paid and brand channels.
- You have strong business acumen with the ability to think strategically and creatively, evidenced by having effectively managed multi-million dollar budgets.
- You’re highly analytical and proficient with business intelligence tools such as Chartio, Looker, etc.
- You have a pulse on digital marketing trends internationally – and know how to deliver compelling recommendations and strategies for testing and measuring new paid channels.
- You have experience managing agency and third-party relationships.
- You’re proactive, collaborative, organized, and a natural problem solver – you’re excited by growth stage environments and not happy waiting for someone to tell you exactly what to do.
- You’re a persuasive presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: Your work will have a direct impact on our growth in key markets, helping to drive initiatives that make our content more accessible to hundreds of millions of non-English speaking users.
- Growth: Skillshare is expanding and international growth is a key priority, and you’ll be a key contributor in this initiative.
- Variety: You’ll work with a diverse group of people across a wide range of initiatives, across different functions (you will never be bored).
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are a series-D company backed by OMERS, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC (#BI-Remote), Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.