Petvisor is actively searching for a senior-level Financial Controller to be pivotal in establishing an exemplary accounting department supporting employees and customers in EMEA and APAC. The geographical complexities require someone dedicated to ensuring compliance with local laws and relevant industry regulations. This role encompasses collaboration with various companies and departments across our portfolio to ensure the seamless operation of our financial systems. Reporting directly to the CFO in the United States, we seek a candidate comfortable managing a team in Sri Lanka.
Apply if you’re excited to:
- Lead and oversee accounting functions outside of North America, including general ledger, approving invoices, technical accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue recognition, assets tracking, payroll, tax and compliance
- Lead and grow an existing team in Sri Lanka to scale, managing professional growth through weekly 1:1 coaching, clear documentation of expectations/opportunities, and recruiting of new team members as needed
- Work closely with the international RevOps and U.S. finance teams to ensure the required accounting infrastructure is in place to help support our current FP&A and budgeting/forecasting processes
- Design, implement, and execute a project roadmap for the Accounting function, which may include process improvement/upgrades and new projects required to support our fast-growing business
- Oversee and own the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes, including preparation of specific key accounts analysis such as revenue and deferred revenue, quality control, flux reports, and preparation of financial statements
- Play an active role in the annual financial audit
- Oversee preparation of annual returns and other tax compliance filings and coordinate all tax research/projects (including new state/country registration)
- Manage relationships with external auditors, accounting/tax advisors, and other service providers
- Deliver accurate and timely results reporting to the CFO in support of the overall Petvisor financial package to the CEO and Board of Directors
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience (most preferably in a SaaS environment)
- CA (chartered accountant) or equivalent preferred
- Strong ERP systems experience, preferably in NetSuite
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), EU Accounting Directives, Value Added Tax (VAT), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Local Tax Regulations, Corporate Governance Codes, and reporting requirements
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, able to communicate complex concepts and factors to stakeholders and influence decision-making
- Experience with IPO readiness, multi-jurisdictional tax, internal controls, and SOX compliance
- Excitement around navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Experience developing, mentoring, and inspiring a professional accounting team
Benefits & Perks
- Vetstoria is a remote, globally distributed team, guided by 6 core values: integrity, entrepreneurship, dynamic, humility, commitment, and teamwork.
- Learn from experts as you develop valuable industry experience
- Nest Pension
- 28 Paid Annual Holidays (incl. bank holidays)
- Valuable international experience
Petvisor assembles founder-led companies that work together to improve the lives of pet care providers, their clients, and their patients.
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Our recruiting process is rooted in “Who: The A Method of Hiring” and consists of an average 2-week hiring timeline.
Please, no external recruiters—candidate profiles submitted from external recruiting agencies will not be considered.
Notice at Collection to Applicants Residing in California
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate how we manage job applicants’ data. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available at this link. By submitting your application, you agree to our use and processing of your data as required.