Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise.
We are continuing to grow our internal analytics and insights team to ensure our people have the answers they need to steer our company through our next phases of growth. You will report to a manager on our analytics and insights team and work on a variety of analytical and business intelligence projects. Analysts in this role are expected to be tenacious pursuing insights all while driving clarity on how we think about questions and analysis in general. You will need to advance business relationships, recognise when to make tradeoffs and always be guiding others to make better decisions using data.
Ideal candidates will forge cross functional relationships and need to be very comfortable with product, process, tool and organisational changes in a constantly evolving and maturing environment.
Day In The Life
- Extend our self-service charts and dashboards, as well as our OKR tracking
- Explore data with the goal of identifying improvements to drive business and customer value
- Identify, interpret and share patterns and trends in datasets to attribute key business drivers; turn findings into actionable recommendations to influence key stakeholders
- Continually consider and leverage additional dataset sources to improve the quality of findings and insights
- Validate data and leverage QA practices to ensure the integrity of your analysesImplement discipline to improve data literacy and add process to extend our data governance across the company
- Help refine and standardise common tools and practices
Who You Are
- Passion for data analysis, 2+ years of experience with qualitative and quantitative methods and statistics (e.g., correlation, cluster, factor, regression, etc)
- SQL expertise to write complex and efficient queries to extract data for further analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both visually in charts and dashboards and packaged within presentations telling a story for varying levels of the organisation
- Practical experience with software development processes and tools to manage work
- Strong collaborator that will provide actionable, detailed feedback during our peer review process of work and deliverables
- Pragmatic with the right ideals to evolve our analytics function with a strong focus on immediate, high value results; along with the ability to work without continual guidance
- Able to travel for company and team gatherings at least a few times a year (assuming travel restrictions re-normalise)
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with cloud data warehouses (CDW like Snowflake) and test driven development frameworks with tests and code in warehouse data models, eg Data Build Tool (dbt)
- Admin and publishing experience with business intelligence and data visualisation platforms such as Looker, Domo, Tableau, or similar
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g, R, Python, etc)
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing, control groups and isolating causality; with the ability to document and present to this detail
- Establishing and maturing data governance processes
- Validation of advanced skill levels from recognised providers like Degreed or Pluralsight
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a lap computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.