See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Industry Development Manager, Carrier Relations (North America).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to expand Twilio’s A2P messaging business in North America.
Twilio’s Communications team is growing, and we’re seeking an Industry Development Manager, Carrier Relations, to oversee Twilio’s A2P Integrations and Partnerships in North America. This is a critical role in the expansion of Twilio’s Carrier Relations team and will manage the day-to-day activities related to Twilio’s A2P routing partnerships and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to support these efforts across the organization. The right candidate will be able to drive work effectively with several internal teams, including Product, Operations, Finance, Legal, and others, to provide deliverables for reporting purposes, RCAs, and various other tasks that may come up as part of the day-to-day management of carrier and supplier
In this role, you’ll:
- Build trusted relationships with North American aggregators and carriers based on consistently demonstrating a commitment to compliant messaging practices
- Track all carrier-related action items and drive cross-functional owners for deliverables
- Execute Quarterly Business Reviews with Aggregation partners and North American Carriers
- Drive stakeholders internally to meet standardized processes and service level agreements for carrier escalations, compliance inquiries, and external audit resolutions
- Act as the source of truth for messaging COGS, impacting a nearly $4B P&L. This includes:
- Ensuring accounting properly interprets many complex vendor contracts when calculating COGS and gross margin.
- Accuracy of the public-facing website and associated pass-through fees.
- Internal reporting to ensure alignment of various billing systems and customer contracts.
- Oversight of internal billing system accuracy.
- Validation of vendor invoices with contracts and reconciliation of internal reporting.
- Deliver best-in-class sales motions (internal) around messaging channel value propositions and compliance.
- Support strategic customer engagements, including targeted wins and retainment.
- Collaborating with pricing strategy, deal operations, and finance on cost models, discount structures, and large complex deals.
- SME and champion on compliance and pricing strategies.
- Bottoms-up addressable market models.
- Revenue/margin assurance
- Creative problem-solving and curiosity to investigate upsell potential, predictive churn, and game theory; this includes deep competitive & ecosystem knowledge combined with data analytic wizardry.
- Drive innovation roadmap, utilizing a mobile operator point of view, and aggressive prioritization through cross-functional engagement and quantification of metrics and business cases.
- Be an Owner for high-level mobile operator escalations. Be available outside work hours to task these rare, executive-level occurrences.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of wireless telecommunications experience
- 5+ years of experience in the North American A2P messaging industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Wireless industry processes for A2P messaging, including Carrier specific 10DLC programs, the U.S. U.S. & Canadian Short Code leasing program, Short Code auditing standards and enforcement, and U.S. and Canadian A2P messaging porting
- Expert understanding of the Wireless industry compliance guidelines, including CTIA & CTA Messaging Principles and Best Practices, CTIA & CTA Short Code Audit Handbook, and carrier-specific requirements
- Demonstrated track record of driving deliverables across cross-functional teams
- You are a curious, collaborative, strategic thinker who thrives in high-functioning and cross-functional teams.
- Technical curiosity to figure out how things work and experiment with new methods
- Demonstrable outside the box problem solving examples
- Basic knowledge of various cloud architectures, SQL, including how ML and AI models function
- Track record of directly influencing $1-10M contracts (both supply and demand)
- Ability to articulate various use cases and methods associated with SMS for non-Consumer purposes
- More importance is placed on technical studies and EQ development vs an MBA
- Grit: ability to overcome daily denigration
- Experience in Project Management
- Project experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, and AI/ML is a plus
- Spanish Speaking a plus
- An MBA or MSIS is a plus
This role will be remote and based in the U.S
Approximately <10-20%> travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $110,000-$124,000.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California outside of SF Bay Area – $117,00-$130,000.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].