60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
As the HR Operations Manager, you will own the delivery and effectiveness of several core HR processes and responsibilities across employee life-cycle activities.
You’ll document and implement new programs, processes, events, and initiatives, and take responsibility for ensuring ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements. Reporting to the Senior Director of HR, you’ll manage a team of HR Operations Specialists and Coordinators.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of HR experience including 2+ years of management experience. Preferably in the tech industry.
- Strong HR functional expertise. You’re knowledgeable about employment law matters, immigration, performance management, benefits, and compliance and policy management.
- Love of HR Systems.
- A strong understanding of people guidelines, a love for processes and systems, and use good judgment to navigate situations thoughtfully and effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills – both written and verbal.
- You’re comfortable as a “hands-on” leader and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment. Honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings is essential.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
What you can expect:
- Elevate the 1Password employee experience by working in the best interest of both our employees and the company.
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of several core HR processes and responsibilities across employee life-cycle activities such as benefits, compliance/policy management, and immigration so that all 1Password employees have the support they need to do their best work.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to minimizing risk and exposure to the company; manage compliance filings (e.g., US EEO-1).
- Collaborate with team members and across functions to develop, document, and implement new programs, processes, events, and initiatives.
- Manage a team of operations specialists and coordinators.
- Maintaining human resources records for employees in HRIS (we use UltiPro) by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications, and merit increase dates, as well as tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Administering employee benefit programs including medical, pension programs, leaves, and disability programs. Entities in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws, and industry best practices to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment laws for a remote and international workforce.
- Provide excellent employee service and act as a main point of contact for employees who have HR questions regarding company policies, procedures, programs, and general company issues.
- Develop, review, and regularly report on key HR metrics/data. Analyze and identify trends in key people metrics that impact the business.
- Partner with the team in executing our engagement surveys throughout the year.
- Ensure programs and processes are in compliance with current laws and regulations and assist with all recurring audits for benefits and retirement plans, payroll, and other People Operations processes.
- Support COVID-19 plans and related communications.