At Mozilla, we are searching for a Director, People Programs who will be responsible for implementing both short and long-term People programs that align with business objectives and contribute to our purposeful culture. This role oversees change management, program and project management of multiple concurrent key People initiatives and programs such as performance management & calibration, goal setting, career paths, employee engagement, and other global company-wide employee programs!
The role reports to the VP, People and Programs.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the implementation of People project/program plans and timelines, ensuring alignment of initiatives across category and business areas and with strategic objectives.
- Take a creative and innovative approach to the development and implementation of people programs with an eye towards organizational dynamics and design
- Champion standard process change approaches and strategies and lead the development of change plan for all projects/programs
- Develop and maintain effective internal communication strategies (calendar, key achievements, actions, and training) to drive awareness and implementation
- Influence the direction and continuous improvement of People Programs through a deep understanding of current industry trends and external benchmarking.
- Oversee the People program tracking and reporting of key objectives and results; design and maintain ad hoc and standard reports/analytics for ongoing business needs and for People program support
- Be a trusted advisor and thought partner to the Chief People Officer, People Team Leaders, and Senior Management
- BA/BS degree required in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience in HR/People roles with a demonstrable track record of building and optimizing People programs and organizational systems architecture
- 5+ years of People program/ project management experience leading company-wide business projects and change management initiatives with corresponding communication strategies
- 5+ years of experience developing, deploying, and driving processes that scale in all areas of People Programs with projects in performance management, employee engagement, career paths. Organizational transformation & transition planning is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business needs of the organization and create people programs to address needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of trends and standard processes, including experience tracking and analyzing HR metrics
- Strong collaborator and communicator with experience influencing internal stakeholders and senior leadership
- Strategic, critical, and innovative thinker; able to prioritize and use sound judgment and decision-making
- Exceptional presentation, communication, program management, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Google Suite, and software applications such as Culture Amp, Greenhouse, Workday, and Looker
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.