Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Head of Workplace will be an important addition to the Corporate Engineering team’s function and will have a huge impact on our company culture and workplace productivity. We are looking for someone with not only great technical & management expertise, but an upbeat and approachable attitude, impeccable customer service skills and a willingness to do whatever needs doing. As Checkr’s workplace strategy evolves to be a hybrid modality, we anticipate this leader being the driving agent of change to help guide and lead us through this transition.
- Oversee successful design, implementation, and evolution of Checkr’s remote-first hybrid model—which provides the option to work from home or from a Checkr hub on a daily basis and brings teams together in person a few weeks per quarter.
- Identify ways to drive productivity, engagement, connection, and innovation with our team in both virtual and in-person settings.
- Oversight of internal Checkr events and interface with external events.
- Deliver best-in-class workplace services, balancing cost, needs, and expectations from the business to create a dynamic and flexible workplace.
- Be metric driven to measure the success of the Workplace team via data such as: financial analysis and business planning of Checkr’s real estate portfolio, data and reporting ecosystems and key performance metrics.
- Research trends in the future of work and continue to develop Checkr’s model based on research and internal and external data.
- Oversee management of day to day facilities operations including Janitorial, HVAC, food service, and general maintenance for the existing Checkr locations.
- Is accountable for a worldwide operational budget and the implementation of Checkr’s long term strategy and real estate plans.
- Grow and develop the existing global workplace organization with the capabilities, skills and behaviors needed to deliver on strategic goals.
- Oversee a team of office and event managers and their respective property management teams.
- Oversee space planning and MAC (moves, adds, and changes).
- Manage special projects as needed.
What you bring:
- 10+ years workplace operations experience
- 6+ years of direct people management experience
- Collaborate in person and travel as needed for events or moves/adds/changes of existing or new workspaces.
- Has experience working with senior executives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Highly efficient, has a strong attention to detail, is skilled at juggling multiple tasks and managing their time, and takes ownership of their mistakes.
- Proactive in finding opportunities to improve processes and policies as they relate to the future of work.
- Data-driven and brings an analytical mindset to problem-solving.
- Experience managing and strategizing for a large real estate portfolio.
- Skilled at culture-building and understanding what drives engagement in a hybrid workplace.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to collaborate and communicate across the office spectrum, from vendor to executive.
- Event management experience a plus
- IFMA CFM credential a plus
- Experience with Zoom, Verkada, Envoy and Gsuite preferred.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado and New York law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $145,945 – $171,700 and within the city limits of NYC is $171,700-$202,000
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.