SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking a Head of Search – Nomad Insurance to develop our signature product’s next exponential growth channel.
We are building a global social safety net, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone, and it is one of the more important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
We’re a remote team of ~100, fully distributed stretching ten timezones, headquartered in San Francisco. We are growing our team quickly.
Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b). You’ll be joining our Nomad Insurance team, which is b2c. Nomad Insurance has two main growth channels: organic word of mouth (~⅔ of growth) and affiliate sales (~⅓ of growth). In addition, you will develop a net new channel called Search to bring in customers through improved Search Engine Optimization, excluding paid ads (we have a policy against those).
💻 Your responsibilities will include
- Creating and developing our Search growth channel from scratch.
- Building out a plan and executing on it to generate organic traffic to our website.
- Working directly with the Nomad Insurance Affiliates, Product, Content, Social Media and Communication teams to build and execute the growth strategy.
- Implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies for Nomad Insurance, including backlinks, keyword strategies, and content.
- Once this is a proven growth channel, advise other product teams on how they can build out their search capabilities.
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Understands Search as a sustainable revenue channel.
- Can creatively initiate a search strategy for Nomad Insurance that has full potential to turn into an exponential growth channel.
- Can lead projects from ideation to implementation, measure success and rapidly adapt.
- Knows the latest in SEO “best practices” but can combine that with a first principles viewpoint to develop an ideal strategy for our specific business needs.
- Is analytical enough to build SEO reports but strategic enough to use that information to adjust our roadmap rapidly.
- Believes they can exponentially grow our Search channel without using paid ads.
😀 We like to work with people who:
- Thinks creatively about growth.
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing.
🧘 What we offer
We operate in a fully remote work environment – work from anywhere globally.
You will receive salary and equity compensation, health insurance, a laptop, a minimum of four weeks of the yearly vacation, personal development budget, attendance of professional conferences (and much more 😉).
We have a minimum of two annual team gatherings where you will join us. The previous gatherings were in Ljubljana, San Francisco, and Mexico.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
SafetyWing was founded to support nomads like ourselves by building an adaptable software-based global social safety net.
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.