Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in three cities (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our platform is an all-in-one solution which includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
Our property team members focus on bringing our business to life at each of our buildings with a focus on execution, and resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members focus on supporting property execution and the evolution of the other areas of the platform. The non-property roles are remote-first with the option to work out of our DC or SF offices. We think in-person collaboration and bonding is extremely important, so our remote-first team members participate in quarterly in-person retreats with their teams at various locations across the U.S.
We’re looking for a senior People/HR leader to join our Executive Leadership Team and lead our People Experience Function. As a leadership team, we have tremendous aspirations for the people experience at Placemakr and we’re looking for a leader who can design and deliver on these aspirations for our growing employee base. We’re invested in getting this right and this role will have the full support of the CEOs and the other members of the Leadership Team.
This position is responsible for implementing and operating a best-in-the-business People/HR function for the entire organization. This includes all areas of the employee life cycle and bringing the Placemakr culture to life. The role reports directly to the CEO.
- This role is the senior most People Experience/HR Leader at the company. You’re responsible for all People outcomes, designing and executing the long-term strategy of the function, and representing People/HR as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Own the employee lifecycle and manage a team to execute on all facets of it: recruiting, onboarding, supporting/developing, enabling performance, retaining, transitioning
- Effectively executing the core HR/compliance operating functions: Employee pay and benefits, federal and state-by-state compliance (with the support of in-house and outside counsel), and supporting employees during personal events
- Working with our behavioral science and data science teams to innovate and improve the people experience and deliver business impact
- Support and partner with your peers across the growing organization. We are an evolving company and this is a team effort!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience across multiple People/HR functions in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate evidence-based decision-making and leverage data and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to build, motivate, and manage highly effective teams
- Experience growing out the people function of an organization with elements of both short-term execution and long-term strategy
Characteristics that lead to success in this role
- You are a builder and executor
- You have the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- You have the ability to see ahead of the curve and anticipate team members’ needs
- You have an unmatched attention to detail
- You are obsessed with stellar customer service (internal stakeholders/partners)
- You can strike a balance between the speed and quality of your work
- You are the CEO of your work-streams. You identify what needs to be done and what would make your work and the service you provide better without being told by others
- You have an obsession with making things better
- You lead by example and embody the values of Placemakr
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.