Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As the Head of Media Business Development, you will lead Reddit’s media business development, working closely with other departments across the company to develop and execute on a well defined strategy that you build from the ground up. You will be a self-starter who has worked across a wide variety of media and is able to take a deal from concept through to successful launch.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead Reddit’s media business development efforts with our key partners, startups, and related technology partners across news, video games, sports, news and entertainment
- In partnership with product and marketing, develop a comprehensive media strategy and plan to execute, ideally identifying new business opportunities and non-linear growth models
- Drive collaboration and coordination with various business functions to facilitate the planning process, setting goals & milestones, and creation of comprehensive timelines taking into account available resources, priorities, dependencies, budgets, and other constraints.
- Drive large partner roadmaps by working cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, PR, and Operations teams
- Negotiate and execute legal agreements with key partners including, but not limited to MSAs, amendments, and renewals, while advocating for and negotiating new deal terms that might arise with partners
- Collaborate with internal international stakeholders covering legal, privacy, finance, tax, etc. to ensure holistic deal completion.
What We Expect From You:
- 12+ years experience in strategic business development, primarily within the media and entertainment industries
- Extensive experience driving multiple deals from start to finish: comprehensive strategy development, partner identification, term sheet /legal agreement negotiation, partner onboarding/integration, and post deal amendment/renewals
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company including legal, privacy, finance, tax, corporate development etc.
- A high emotional IQ, with an understanding of how to manage both internal and external stakeholder priorities and differences.
- Action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex and ambiguous environments. Possess the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
- Strong analytical skills and particular attention to detail. Sound business judgment and exceptional maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results-oriented problem solver with a strong work ethic. Self-starter with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- 5+ years of experience managing and growing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA, Master’s degree, Juris Doctorate, or other advanced degree preferred
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off