StarTree is a cloud-based software company that allows business customers to derive advanced insights on real-time and historical data. With StarTree, companies of all sizes can tie together trends in their business operations such as frequency of active users, user growth, revenue growth, or anomalous activity – and achieve real-time insights across vast amounts of live data. With the ever increasing demand for real-time analytics for internet based businesses.
StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of popular open-source technologies like Apache Pinot and ThirdEye. Apache Pinot is a real-time distributed OLAP datastore built to deliver scalable real-time analytics with low latency. The technology was built by engineers at LinkedIn and Uber and is designed to scale up and out with no upper bound. This team built and operated the real-time analytics cluster at LinkedIn and Uber, supporting 100s of customer facing applications including:
- Who Viewed My Profile; Talent Insights; Member Search Appearances etc. that support 500M users at LinkedIN
- Restaurant Manager (Merchant Analytics) Dashboard that supports 1000s of Merchants at Uber Eats
Pinot can ingest from batch data sources (such as Hadoop HDFS, Amazon S3, Azure ADLS, Google Cloud Storage) as well as stream data sources (such as Apache Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
About the Team:
We’re a group of passionate engineers, product designers, and marketers that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
We value curiosity, collaboration, creativity, inventiveness, initiative, support, and open-mindedness. Our goal for company culture is summarized best in this 2 minute video of starlings in flight.
About the Role:
StarTree is seeking an experienced marketing operations leader to join our fast-growing organization. The Head of Marketing Operations will report to the Vice President of Marketing and be responsible for the end-to-end strategy and execution of marketing operations, driving technology and process alignment across the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience leading Marketing or Revenue Operations in high-growth B2B SaaS organizations with proven success in building and scaling revenue operations teams, cross-functional process optimization, and driving strategic growth initiatives. As a thought leader in your field, you’ll play a major role in the growth of the company where Marketing Operations plays a critical role in our go-to-market strategy.
- Drive development and implementation of consistent marketing processes, data segmentation strategy, marketing performance, and attribution enablement.
- Own and optimize our robust marketing technology stack roadmap, defining processes and integration points to enable our marketing and sales teams to reach their aggressive pipeline goals in multiple segments.
- Drive process and technology decisions for the development and implementation of marketing campaigns in partnership with our Campaign Management and Digital Marketing teams.
- Optimize lead scoring, lead routing and management, and nurture programs for continuous success and incremental growth.
- Drive continuous improvement of the data quality within marketing automation and CRM platforms, maintaining marketing database health and compliance.
- Own and manage the marketing technology budget.
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing systems and workflows.
- Lead sales automation and enablement tool governance, rollout, and overall utilization strategy in partnership with sales and demand generation leadership.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Skills
- 5-10 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in Marketing Operations, with a proven track record in process improvement and technology ownership, implementation, and management.
- 4+ years of experience in B2B SaaS organizations with demonstrated results in building lead processes for high-performing demand generation programs.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team and individual team members.
- Advanced knowledge of the marketing and sales ecosystem for B2B SaaS companies, including but not limited to Hubspot, Marketo and Salesforce
- Experience and desire to recruit and continuously develop Marketing Operation talent into tomorrow’s leaders.
- Willingness to dig in as needed to improve performance and outcomes in collaboration with cross-functional marketing team leaders.
- Experience with multi-touch attribution and ABM is a strong plus.
- Significant RFP and budgeting experience.