Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 300+ employees and will exceed 400 by year end.We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
📈 Opportunity Size
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. As Influencer Marketing Leader, you’ll oversee and lead influencer marketing at Whatnot.
- Create the strategy and work through category marketers to drive execution and results
- Build KPIs and manage yourself and the category marketers towards those metrics
- Build the playbook, create running lanes and centers of excellence for category marketers to access for influencers
- Work on other strategic projects and marketing areas as the team ramps up
- You will initially work across category marketers that report into GMs but as the success of the program grows, you will build out direct reports as needed
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our Influencer Marketing Leader you should have 6-8+ years of marketing experience in a fast paced environment, plus:
- High-growth startup, marketplace or creator-focused platform experience
- Experience launching and managing a world class influencer program
- You have managed a marketing team and/or lead through heavy cross collaborative indirect influence
- You can speak to the tangible impact your work in building an influencer program has had on both a brand and business
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and content across your category
- You’re a creative content creator and copywriter
- You’re immersed in internet culture and can use that knowledge to identify trends, creators and opportunities for the Whatnot brand to build and grow.
- You have experience tracking KPIs and monitoring success for marketing programs.
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with limited guidance, and are comfortable pivoting quickly as needed.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- Paid Parental Leave
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Whatnot provides a $20,000 annual allowance towards Nannies, Daycare, and Caregiving support
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.