Paperspace builds tools and infrastructure to make accelerated computing simple and accessible.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Battery Ventures, and Intel Capital.
The Head of Growth is responsible for growing the company’s revenue by growing our community and partnerships. Paperspace is looking for someone who has closed multi-year deals and/or partnerships with decision-makers from Directors to C-level yet still remains in touch with developer and user preferences. The ideal candidate would have played a similar role in another community-driven technical company. We need someone super-competitive, high-energy, entrepreneurial, and experienced in the enterprise software landscape. You will be writing the playbook for our next major growth phase.
You must have a deep, technical understanding of and background in the machine learning ecosystem, now and future, and have a vision of how to attain a leadership role in this ecosystem. You must also understand DevOps processes and trends in developer tooling.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and oversee the execution of strategies that nurture and grow the community
- Interface with our VP of Engineering to assure that the product is responsive to community needs
- Identify new opportunities for strategic partnerships that will enhance the Paperspace offering and negotiate and manage these value-added partnerships
- Advise on the development and execution of Paperspace’s enterprise sales offerings and strategy
- Work directly with the Head of Sales to formulate and implement a growth strategy in conjunction with sales goals
- Lead and grow a small growth team in a player-coach capacity
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to strategically announce new products and features
- Refine and communicate Paperspace’s brand and messaging with the team and act as the single point of accountability for ensuring external consistency.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years in growth, ideally with significant experience in B2B SaaS technology
- Experience at early-stage companies or building growth operations and you know what it takes to build the growth strategy and tactics from the ground up
- Recent and significant experience closing multi-year deals with multiple decision-makers from Directors to C-level. Need someone who is good at penetrating, navigating, and expanding accounts.
- Must be able to design, meet, and manage a plan – someone very strong on strategy and execution. This is an execution play, not a proof of concept.
- Must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment is mandatory as well as experience growing a company from nominal revenues to phenomenal revenues at least once in your career while in a growth role.
- Has a background in hardware or SaaS, and experience targeting a technical audience.
- Outstanding analytical abilities and robust market and customer research skills.
- Relentless focus on our customers and their success.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, identifying key priorities, and moving quickly.
- Experience managing go-to-market plans to drive financial and business goals.
Who you’ll be working with
You will report directly to the CEO and Co-Founder, Dillon Erb. Dillon describes himself as collaborative and accessible but is also a technical person who prefers results-oriented strategies. The CEO is looking for a self-starter who isn’t afraid to dive into the details and is very process-driven.
Paperspace values technical excellence in an open and inclusive environment. The team is primarily based in NYC, but we have a strong remote/hybrid team. Communication is paramount and mutual respect is at the core of our collaborative work environment. We are also committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe creating a more diverse team directly impacts our ability to collaborate effectively, build a better community, and produce better products.
- Multiple health care insurance options with premium plans in addition to vision and dental insurance plans
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Commuter benefits with a contribution from the company
- Responsible Time Off Policy
- Generous and flexible parental leave
- Fitness & wellness benefit
- Remote friendly and hybrid office environment for New York team members
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.