Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 40 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We are looking for a Head of Customer Success to help us design, build, and manage how we interface with and serve our world class customers. This is an extremely unique opportunity to shape a foundational capability for a startup at the intersection of renewable energy and technology.
As the Head of Customer Success, you will be responsible for understanding our customers’ business needs as well as becoming expert in our operational and commercial efforts related to delivering value and serving customers. As a part of a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial team, you will work closely with operations, sales, product, and executive leaders to learn the details of our solutions and operational workflows and establish processes to ensure we are providing an exceptional customer experience. One of your key objectives will be to ensure the business is realizing top decile license renewal, upsell, and expansion performance. As the vision, strategy, and business case you design for Customer Success takes shape, you will then recruit, train, and manage a Customer Success team.
- Learn in detail Raptor Maps’ solutions, the competitive landscape, and our approach to adding value
- Do the work of winning renewals and driving expansion and upsell
- Build analytical infrastructure for insights into customer ARR and bookings performance
- Work with customers to understand their business challenges in-depth
- Work with internal team to understand and improve our customer interfacing processes and procedures
- Bring strategy and ideas related to scoping a Customer Success function and ultimately build and lead a Customer Success team
- Execute the work of Customer Success while concurrently developing a new strategy to improve the way in which we serve customers
- Contribute to the company’s collaborative culture and mission of scaling the solar industry
- 4+ years of SaaS Customer Success or Management Consulting experience
- Hard working and eager to solve complex and cross-functional business problems
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a team environment and managing a demanding workload
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
– Paid travel for in-person team trips
– Healthcare with dental and vision options
– Unlimited vacation policy
– Desk budget
– Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
– Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and just generally getting out and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.