💻 Your responsibilities will include
- Strategic and operational development of our claims capabilities, including hiring, training and managing our claims support team.
- Working closely with our customers and partners to assist our members who make claims to make their claims experience amazing (currently, claims adjudication/assistance for our products is currently either outsourced by us, or handled by our insurance partners)
- Soon you’ll also help determine what claims-related capacities we should build in-house, as well as to build and manage these capacities. We are a technology company, so we’ll aim to use things like machine learning and algorithm-based adjudication to make the claims process quick, user friendly and to avoid fraud.
- Work closely with the General Managers for our various insurance-based products (Nomad Insurance, Remote Health, and future products such as disability protection), as well as our Head of Customer Care, Head of Account Management and legal/compliance/insurance ops to ensure the best experience for our customers. You will also be working with our designers and developers to continuously improve everything relating to the claims experience.
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- has experience with claims management, and you want to ensure our claims experience is not only world-class, but better than anything that currently exists in the insurance world
- has experience with managing and scaling a team, and you are a good manager
- is tech-savvy, and able to work well with developers and designers to solve for user experience
- has strong understanding of health insurance claims handling
- is excel at both the operational and strategic level
- is excel at dealing with difficult situations with grace and empathy
- has strong personal integrity
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing.
🧘 What we offer
We operate in a fully remote work environment – work from anywhere globally.
You will receive salary and equity compensation, health insurance, a laptop, a minimum of four weeks of the yearly vacation, personal development budget, attendance of professional conferences (and much more 😉).
We have a minimum of two annual team gatherings where you will join us. The previous gatherings were in Ljubljana, San Francisco, and Mexico.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.