The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As a Senior Manager on the Growth Marketing team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to engage our developers throughout their workload journey and help drive expanded usage with the platform – beyond just the core database. In this role, you have expertise in dynamic, personalized messaging in the product and touch-points involving mediums such as email, in-product, SMS, and push notifications. You are obsessed with customer success and advocate for them as much as you work to accelerate their journey on the MongoDB developer data platform.
You have a solid knowledge of the customer journey, customer adoption, retention strategies, usage and revenue expansion and alignment cross-functionally. You also have experience in marketing to developers to drive early-stage planning all the way through to cross-functional execution. You possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
This is a highly visible role that requires a change agent with natural leadership skills and the ability to work across multiple teams with members at different levels. You are adept at thinking strategically and tactically to get things done by collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Product Marketing, Product Management, Data Analytics, and Developer Relations.
We are looking for an individual who is a problem solver, detail-oriented, collaborative, creative, data-driven, strategic, organized, and a trusted partner.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the North America region.
In particular, you will:
- Partner closely with the Product Marketing and Product teams to create digital experiences for our self-serve customers to continue expanding their workload journey easily and successfully
- Define and execute marketing plans with the rest of the Growth Marketing team to activate, retain and engage our customers and keep project timelines updated and clear across all stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with the Growth Product team to optimize user habit, retention and usage journey, and continuously optimize programs and channels through experiments and A/B tests
- Perform strategic product, market, and customer analyses to identify new growth drivers or opportunities for improvement and uncover and leverage new emerging channels to accelerate growth and workload expansion
- Deeply assess our entire customer journey to identify, champion, and drive the cross-functional execution of optimizations that will yield greater leverage and scale in the business
- Monitor, analyze, and report KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives reach revenue objectives
- Working collaboratively with our Product Marketing and Product teams to align messaging and understand relevant product launches and moments to roll into each customer program or campaign
We’re looking for someone with …
- 7+ years of B2D or B2B experience in growth marketing or lifecycle marketing, ideally in SaaS/Self-Serve. Product-led growth and 3+ years of experience in marketing to a technical audience desired
- Drive to provide the best possible experience to our users
- Deep understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- Understanding of how to drive customer engagement and product usage through value-based marketing
- Understanding of and appreciation for the big picture (market, customers, company) but also the details to successfully scale programs
- Passion to objectively measure your efforts and only make decisions based on data
- A collaborative mindset – you love working with others and incorporating relevant feedback
- An owner mentality – you take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get them to completion
- Flexibility and adaptability – you enjoy working in ambiguity. You are calm and effective under pressure and able to pivot quickly. You excel at task prioritization and proper evaluation of situational urgency
- Focus and drive – you know what matters and apply yourself with gusto, continuously exploring how much faster you can learn and execute
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.