Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
The strategic growth team is a newly established division within Forbes designed to accelerate and drive strategic priorities around audience, engagement and paid product subscriptions.
This position is remote, in the US.
As key member of the team, your primary responsibility will be to drive and accelerate growth of our consumer business which includes all subscriptions-based (content, newsletters, digital education, data) and ecommerce products through email marketing. This is a highly visible role working with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Build the email marketing function into a significant driver of consumer revenue for the business by executing a robust B2C and B2B email marketing strategy
- Own the email marketing function including, but not limited to creating and executing email campaigns, a/b testing, creating simple and complex email marketing workflows and ensuring accurate attribution/tracking and reporting
- Work with product heads and business GMs to understand their revenue and business objectives and build best in class email marketing programs to execute on the mandate
- Architect and automate user flows for multiple consumer products. Design, develop, and optimize email marketing flows for paid products, build activation strategies, implement highly effective campaigns to convert free trial to paid users.
- Support the implementation of email marketing campaigns and programs targeting our various segments to grow our customer base through acquisition, retention, and behavioral triggered campaigns.
- Lead a team of email marketing managers, including interviewing and hiring new team members.
- Develop creative ways to grow the email marketing database and implement best practices to drive user acquisition for the consumer business, including implementation of growth loops (referral programs), database/list acquisitions, as well as collaborate with social, product and SEO teams for acquisition opportunities
- Own and maintain the product email marketing calendar to deploy timely promotional campaigns, and keep prospects and customers engaged with the latest news and content
- Define and continually monitor and improve email marketing metrics, looking for new ways to automate, scale and innovate within the email channel.
- Balance the need of aggressive user acquisition and conversion targets with maintaining the health of the email marketing database. Constantly monitor and improve opt-outs, bounce rates and unsubscribes. Set and manage best practices around list maintenance, welcome and win-back series.
- Partner with other members of growth and product team to optimize email metrics, open rate, click through rates, engagement, churn, retention across newsletters.
- Implement continuous testing framework, including A/B and multivariate testing, to enhance and optimize subscriber acquisition as well as other related email metrics.
- Oversee all email marketing template design and creatives. Ensure that all marketing campaigns are highly optimized for conversion, while meeting the standards for all Forbes Brand guielines
- Develop user LTV model for the email marketing channel
- Assist in building robust reporting and analytics around email marketing growth initiatives. This includes partnering with other members of the growth team, business intelligence, product and engineering teams to establish KPIs, set up tracking, build analytics and reporting, develop methodologies for measurement and attribution.
- Write highly effective and converting email copy, and overtime teach best practices to other members of the team to scale the email marketing function.
- 5-8+ years of experience in a growth function, ideally focused on email marketing campaigns
- Proven track record of growing consumer revenue (subscription and / or ecommerce) in an entrepreneurial capacity, in a consumer startup, or with an established digital brand.
- Deep qualitative and technical understanding of email marketing space including best practices and can service as thought leader on the topic.
- Hands-on experience with ESPs and other email analytics and marketing technologies.
- Excellent strategy and execution expertise.
At Forbes we pride ourselves on our #OneTeam approach, which values a culture of teamwork and collaboration. We believe true success is where everyone succeeds. As a member of the team, you will be expected to live and champion these values everyday.