Timescale is looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to build a scalable and personalized developer customer journey for our products. This role will work closely with our Marketing, Customer Care, and Product Management teams to help craft, deploy, measure, and iterate on marketing initiatives and in-product levers that drive signups, usage, and retention of customers.
This is a great opportunity to own growth for the next great database company. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of defining and driving key business metrics for SaaS products, designing and running growth experiments, identifying and scaling growth channels, and reporting frequently to executive leadership. You’ll have complete ownership of all growth channels: paid, organic, SEO, SEM, and owned.
This role is remote, but English language fluency is a requirement.
- Execute and manage growth marketing campaigns, including defining, measuring, and tracking key business metrics.
- Iterating and optimizing business metrics in close collaboration with executive leadership.
- Partner closely with product marketing, customer experience, and operations teams to ensure proper messaging, timing, and execution of one-off and ongoing campaigns.
- Segment and run growth experiments for developer audiences using TimescaleDB.
- Design and work closely with engineering to build personalization into all customer touchpoints.
- Execute and analyze A/B test plans to improve engagement performance and conversion rates.
- Propose and manage the budget for all campaign activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new assets for each stage of the customer journey.
- Measure each experiment, document findings, share broadly within the company and make recommendations for future use.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 3+ years of growth or campaign marketing experience in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven experience planning and executing programs across the customer journey.
- A strong desire to keep learning and stay on top of the growth craft. (Timescale will pay for you to attend conferences, take courses, and keep your skills state-of-the-art.)
- A proven self-starter who seeks out sophisticated projects and is capable of completing them start-to-finish.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills. You can work across the team, across roles, and synthesize viewpoints and reach consensus.
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
- Works well independently and remotely.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a fully remote company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🌱, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August 😎
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits 📚
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)