Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Strategy and Planning supports our executive and global operations team by setting the overall goals, strategic direction, and resource planning. The team works closely with senior leadership to identify our biggest issues and opportunities, and build robust recommendations to guide leadership on the best path forward. The Strategy and Planning team’s north star is the long-term performance of Lime – a focus that has placed it at the core of every decision at the company.
This newly created, high-impact, and visible role will have a broad mandate and be responsible for providing strategic and analytical support to help shape and operationalize Lime’s global strategy. You will help develop and drive forward a number of strategic initiatives that will enable greater organizational effectiveness, whilst working closely on supporting our executive team’s decision-making, prioritization, and problem-solving.
What You’ll Do
- You will use your research, analytical, project, and stakeholder management skills to fundamentally understand Lime’s business levers and advise on industry as well as competitive forces
- You will partner with market managers, cross-functional teams (data, finance, engineering, corporate development and others) to help drive forward a number of strategic initiatives that will enable greater organizational effectiveness
- You will work closely on supporting our executive team’s decision-making, prioritization, and problem-solving (e.g. business reviews, board and investor materials, all-hands meetings, and other ad hoc projects)
- You will establish processes to enable our teams to better understand business performance, progress towards our goals, and plan for the future
- You will partner with product, tech, operations, marketing, legal, and other cross-functional teams to evaluate strategic initiatives and new business opportunities as well as lead communications with senior leadership
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, business intelligence, strategy and operations, or related experience; experience at an early-stage or high-growth company a plus
- Strong business judgment, problem solving, and critical thinking skills; experience with helping companies identify improvements in their core business, and implementing those improvements
- A strong bias for using data to support decision making and establish priorities / strategies; ability to interpret and translate data into actionable insights for a range of stakeholders
- Exceptional Excel / Google Sheets / data management skills; SQL and dashboard creation proficiency a plus
- A self starter with a bias for action; comfortable with ambiguity and changeExcellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to build consensus across stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail while keeping strategic priorities top of mindBachelor’s Degree. A Masters Degree is a plus, but not required.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun, and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $82,000.00, plus bonus and equity (when eligible) as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.