Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is scaling rapidly and with that growth comes exciting challenges in how we evolve our Hardware Operations. This role will be accountable for our sourcing, negotiating, developing and managing our strategic supplier relationships
About this roll*:
- Work with the Hardware product and engineering teams to execute a multi-year strategic supplier and product cost roadmap
- Be an industry expert navigating Toast supply chain through the uncertainty of today’s component commodity markets, by developing new strategies and working with our OEM/ ODM/ JDM/ CM partners to execute strategies and ensure supply
- Drive contract negotiations, guaranteeing the attainment of the most advantageous contract terms, discounts related to delivery, and service. Address business unit concerns/issues, requests, and questions and resolve within legal and business guidelines.
- Align suppliers to Toast’s short-term and long term business objectives by working with internal and external stakeholders to execute supplier management processes including review of contract and commercial terms, QBRs, escalations, etc.
- Maintain executive relationships with our key partners, lead the team in driving Executive Business Reviews, escalations to resolve supply chain challenges that require executive intervention.
- Leverage analytics and industry insights to enable cost savings and ensure a robust supply chain. Closely manages complex negotiations with key suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and that have a direct correlation with business operational needs and/or goals.
- Drive RFQ/RFI processes for NPI and ensure commercial readiness and execution for NPI programs.
- Instill a data-driven culture that rigorously measures key operational metrics and set and meet targets that represent the highest standard of delivery performance and quality.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business, or similar technical field; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, Business Operations and/ or Operations management
- Previous experience in a Hardware manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in driving contract negotiations with complex terms and requirements
- Ability to travel (local and international) periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- Superior written and oral communication and collaboration skills
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, grasp the big picture and be highly analytical
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with Managing Manufacturers in computing space
- Packaging and Mechanical sourcing experience
- Working experience in Asia or language skills (e.g. Mandarin)
Our spread* of Total Rewards:
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!