At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
We maximize employee flexibility and well-being through a virtual mindset that supports our highly distributed, global workforce. We take an outcome-focused, people-centered approach to winning, including welcoming the best talent – wherever they may be.
This remote role is not tightly linked to a physical location and provides flexibility in where, when and how you accomplish your work. Remote employees are expected to have a dedicated, quiet and distraction-free work space and an internet connection that’s sufficient for completing their job remotely.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and executing a robust social media strategy to drive audience growth, brand desirability, and engagement; bringing our brand vision to life within the global social ecosystem. This person will lead the continued improvement of Harley-Davidson’s social media approach to become a best-in-class, brand-building program that accelerates our long-term business and community objectives.
We are seeking a skilled end-to-end social media leader who understands the landscape of relevant platforms and has a strong ability to interpret and translate global brand strategies and equity into innovative, social-first content and campaigns. Our ideal candidate is a highly passionate, strategic thinker and natural leader who can comfortably adapt to changing conditions while maintaining the ability to see the overall big picture and challenge the traditional path.
- Lead the global social media strategy and organic social calendar development, gathering inputs from stakeholders across the org to gain alignment and integration on priority messages and level of support.
- Ensure Harley-Davidson’s presence on social media platforms and usage is following best-in-class standards.
- Drive audience growth across existing, new and emerging social platforms.
- Work cross-functionally to identify and execute ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Champion organization-wide social media management and brand standards, policies, and rules of engagement across global teams and dealerships.
- Establish key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success.
- Be a thought leader and collaborator on paid social media approach.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends both specific to the motorcycling industry and social media and communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely to impact channel performance.
- Develop the roadmap and budget for social media tools used to manage company activities, finding efficiencies where necessary and expanding tool/partner capabilities to meet our needs in innovative ways.
- Partner closely with Creative to ideate and develop social media assets, campaigns and programs; guiding development against key deliverables and due dates for upcoming launches and programs.
- Supervise community management to drive favorable brand conversations.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- Typically requires 8 years of related experience and a minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
- Deep experience in social media strategy, including organic and paid social media, across all platforms and communications channels.
- Interest in motorcycling culture, community, and consumer behaviors.
- Avid consumer of culturally relevant digital content with a deep understanding of best practices and navigation of major social platforms for large brands.
- Expert capabilities in social media data analysis and reporting.
- High bar for creative excellence with expertise in digital creative best practices.
- Skillful wordsmith with advanced ability to proofread and contribute to copywriting needs.
- Demonstrates sound ability to communicate, lead, collaborate and gain results through influence of peers and senior leaders with a proven ability to work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Hands-on social media program execution (strategy and content development, community management, influencer engagement).
- Creative rationale capabilities that allow collaboration on the implementation of brand standards, voice, tone, and overall customer relationships via social media platforms.
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
The pay range shown represents the national average pay range for this role. Your pay may be more or less than the stated range and is dependent on your geographic location and level of experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 10 – 25%
Pay Range: $115,400 – 184,600
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance