Kickstarter is seeking an enthusiastic Coordinator, Games Outreach to join our team.
The salary for this role in the United States is $55,000 – $70,000.
About the Team
The Outreach team engages with and advocates for creators in the global creative communities we serve. Managing a wide range of relationships, we inspire creators to bring their projects to life using Kickstarter. We are a multidisciplinary, action-oriented team that believes deeply in the importance of creative independence.
Over the past decade, tens of thousands of game creators have funded their projects and built community on Kickstarter. We’ve helped creators launch tabletop board games, independent video games, minis, RPG zines, and much more. To date, over 29,000 game projects have found success on Kickstarter — raising almost $2 Billion. This role will help shape the future of the games community on the platform.
In this role, listed in order of importance, you will:
- Manage and organize inbound creator requests and direct them to the appropriate members of our team.
- Connect with creators developing promising Games campaigns and assure that they have what they need to succeed on Kickstarter.
- Build and foster an online (Slack, Discord, etc) and in-person communities (conventions) for Games creators to share advice, best-practices for using Kickstarter, and works in progress with each other.
- Advise on and attend events as a representative of Kickstarter for the games community.
- Serve as an internal champion for the needs of Games creators.
- You have strong organizational skills and are comfortable managing a queue of 100+ requests a day. You may have some experience managing a CRM (customer relationship management software).
- You have professional experience in and understanding of the games community and industry.
- You have experience connecting with creative communities online and are familiar with popular community conversation platforms like Slack and Discord..
- You have a demonstrated ability to create, collaborate, and execute on strategic plans that get data driven results.
- You are comfortable with and able to travel regularly in a post-COVID world (2-3 in-person events a year).
- Bonus points if you are a creator (of games or another art form), entrepreneur, and/or Kickstarter backer yourself.
- Bonus points if you have professional experience and connections within the independent tabletop or video games communities.
What You’ll Enjoy
– A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
– 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
– 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
– 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
– 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
– A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
– Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We’re also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.