Stuart (DPD Group) is a sustainable 🌱 last-mile logistics company that connects retailers and e-merchants to a fleet of geolocalised couriers across several countries in Europe.
Our Mission 🚀
We are an impact-driven company that aims to build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable. We are committed to creating a new standard for urban deliveries that meet today’s environmental and social challenges while offering a premium delivery experience blending speed, flexibility and convenience.
Our motto: “Make every delivery a moment all of us can truly celebrate!” More than 3000+ leading brands already partner with us across Restaurants, Grocery, Retail & Luxury, eCommerce and Professional Services to deliver all types of goods at the tap of a button. Stuart is a highly diverse and inclusive company of 700+ employees with 90+ nationalities working across France 🇫🇷, Italy 🇮🇹, Poland 🇵🇱, Portugal 🇵🇹, Spain 🇪🇸 and the U.K. 🇬🇧
It’s the right moment and the right place for us to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high. And guess what? You can help us fulfil our vision 🙌
Let’s talk about Solutions Engineering ⭐️
The Solutions Engineering team’s vision is to be the engineering team that adds the most business value in the shortest amount of time. We develop impactful applications, products, tools, and utilities to ensure our clients have the best possible service. You put the name and we provide what we call Solutions. We are the ones that close the gap between Engineering and Business to resolve the needs that Stuart users have that are not addressed directly by the platform 🚀
This role will have a huge impact in a newly forming department where there are still many things yet to be defined. In a sense, it will be like joining a Startup inside a Startup 🙌
This position is available to work remotely anywhere in Portugal 🇵🇹
What will I be doing? 🤔
- Developing and maintaining innovative Solutions for our local business team’s needs.
- Developing new Services to integrate the Stuart platform with other services.
- Developing new web applications for new local Stuart products.
- Developing new mobile applications for Hub optimization/management.
- Developing and maintain integrations for the clients of our local business teams.
- Contributing to defining along with the rest of the Engineering team our next APIs (as a key consumer of it).
What do we need from you? 😎
- You will have a solutions orientated mindset – you’re a creative problem solver even when sometimes the tools are limited. 🧠
- 3 years of experience as a software engineer are desirable, but if you’re a talented individual, it’s not a must.
- You’ve worked with NodeJS as the role is about 70% server-side coding. 💻
- In the past you independently developed applications starting with UI and ending on server-side and database implementation (not necessarily in this order). 📚
- You’ve got a Computer Science degree, Vocational Education or similar related to computer science. 🎓
- High quality and testable code is your domain, but you’re occasionally happy to prototype hackathon-style (and clean-up afterwards 😉).✨
- Working with 3rd party systems, building integrations and plugins is something you’re familiar with. 🛸
- We (sometimes 😉) deploy a few times a day, which means, you should know what CI stands for (and you’ve used it before).
- You can gather requirements, plan your own work and propose software solutions to real-life problems. 🗺
- You value communication and collaboration. 💬
- You’re fluent in English.
The stuff you wanna know 😉
- Family-friendly work-life balance – work from home and flexible hours
- Option to work remotely anywhere in Portugal 🇵🇹
- Ticket Restaurant by Edenred( €7 daily) 🥗
- Unlimited access to Udemy for all your learning and development needs
- Stuart Academy with regular workshops, Stu-Classes, and Stu-Talks
- Stuart is putting Mental Health Awareness first! Wellness Allowance (€40 monthly) to use in any gym or sport class 🧘
- Private healthcare 🧑⚕️
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a company culture focused on learning and development
You’ve read all this way but you’re missing a skill or two? No problem, it’s our job to up-skill you to take your career to the next level. What we’re trying to say is, don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t tick all the boxes 💪
At Stuart, we believe that employees today want to evolve in collaborative, high-growth environments where they can demonstrate their abilities and thrive both professionally and personally. We are convinced that employees need to find alignment between their inner values and their company’s culture and mission to unlock their full potential. We work to create a culture of empowerment, continuous learning and growth where everyone can bring expertise, own projects and easily measure their impact 🙌
Stuart is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status 💙
Please note: Our Talent Acquisition Team is international coming from across the world 🌍 We kindly ask you to please submit your CV and application in English so that it can be reviewed correctly (unless the job posting is in a language other than English). Thank you 🤗