KarmaCheck is a dynamic technology startup headquartered in San Francisco and is founded by Eric Ly, a trailblazer in the internet industry and former Co-founder and CTO of LinkedIn. Our mission is clear: to revolutionize digital identity verification. We’re disrupting the antiquated healthcare credentialing sector within the Background Check industry using our cutting-edge proprietary technology powered by automation, machine learning, and data. Our cost-effective solutions are helping shape the future of digital identity and contributing to the authenticity of the evolving digital landscape.
About the opportunity:
KarmaCheck is looking for a motivated Event Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. This person will help generate demand for our products, build awareness for our brand, and engage customers through advocacy efforts. Our ideal candidate has proven experience coordinating successful trade shows and events and a passion for meeting prospects, partners, and customers while owning the event experience from start to finish. This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and will play an integral role on the Marketing team by planning and executing everything events-related.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on predetermined pipeline, revenue, and MQL metrics using CRM, email marketing, project management, and similar systems
- Provide logistics support for events. Tasks include scheduling, vendor management, AV services, and storing content related to events
- Responsible for all pre-show planning and management of event coordination including but not limited to: securing hotel rooms and flights, support materials, pre- and post-show communications with internal event team, attendees, prospects, customers, and partners
- Own the event budget including handling of invoices and purchases for events.
- The event marketing manager will spearhead KarmaCheck’s event strategy. This includes participation in trade shows, attendance at local events, or planning and hosting our own industry events. They will work closely with marketing leadership to determine key events, handle attendance from start-to-finish (registration, attendance, etc.), and prove return on investment (ROI).
- This role demands up to 50% of time spent traveling to roughly 15 events annually. You will be responsible for ordering and tracking event inventory including collateral, giveaways, etc.
- Minimum 2-3 years in an event coordination role with experience organizing multiple events simultaneously.
- Experience with a SaaS or tech company
- Experience in advertising or digital marketing
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical and data decision-making capabilities
- Minimum 2-3 years in an event coordination role with ex
Perks & Compensation:
- Become a key team member on the ground floor of a startup set to disrupt the background check industry and innovate digital identity.
- 100% remote work environment with only limited required travel
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, and EAP.
- Take the time to Check Yourself – we have an unlimited time off policy!
- $50 per month to reimburse expenses to support your physical and mental wellness
- The expected base compensation for this role is between $80,000 – $105,000 for work performed in the United States. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include seniority level, experience level, transferable skills, education, location, business needs, training, and market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
$80,000 – $105,000 a year
KarmaCheck is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status, or any other reason protected by law.