The Director, Event Marketing will be responsible for spearheading Magic Leap’s event marketing strategy, including but not limited to: planning and execution of Magic Leap’s own bespoke events and webinars, trade show planning and attendance, securing speaking opportunities, representing Magic Leap at industry events. This individual should have a successful track record of organizing attendance at events and proving ROI through event marketing strategies and tactics. You will be expected to collaborate closely with the Sales, ISV, Developer Relations, Brand and other teams.
- Spearhead Magic Leap’s event and tradeshow strategy, including but not limited to: identifying key events, internal team training for attendees (elevator pitch, demos, etc.), maintain pre- and post-show communication, and event attendance
- Large scale execution of Magic Leap’s presence at major conferences
- Internal and external demo experiences
- Work with sales, brand and marketing to organize and staff events
- Oversee demo team and all related support models (e.g. agency resources)
- Develop event strategy and objectives; spearhead initiatives to meet objectives based on lead generation, customer advocacy, and more.
- Negotiate and execute contracts for large- and small-scale events
- Drive marketing influenced pipeline and generate MQLs through onsite activations and support of the sales team
- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on predetermined pipeline, revenue, and MQL metrics using CRM, email marketing, project management, and similar systems
- Manage a team of event marketing specialists
- Build relationships with Magic Leap partners, customers and prospects on a one-to-one basis
- Interact with key decisions makers and account-holders
- Work with design resources/agencies to develop event displays, collateral, etc.
- Responsible for ordering and tracking event inventory including collateral, giveaways, etc.
- Ability to build positive relationships across a matrixed, dynamic organization
- Ability to collaborate while persuasively selling-in ideas
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Five years of professional experience in event management, marketing
- Proven experience carrying out event marketing efforts, including trade show planning, attendance, and reporting
- Experience partnering with an enterprise sales team
- Highly organized with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and onsite personnel
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are creative, innovative, and always think outside the box
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at a time
- You are metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
- Confident with a dynamic personality
- Capable of standing comfortably for up to eight hours a day, working long hours, and traveling frequently
- AR/VR experience (preferred)
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications or related field
- MA/MS Master’s Degree (preferred)
- 10 years of experience across events, trade shows and conferences
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.