Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As the Engineering Manager for the API Platform Team, you will lead and grow a team that builds foundational architecture, frameworks, best practices, and tools to improve engineering velocity and to empower engineers to ship high-quality experiences to Pinterest users. You’ll define a vision for API, drive technical excellence, and partner with key stakeholders to prioritize and deliver on the team’s roadmap.
What you’ll do:
- Prioritize high-impact projects and work with your team to deliver them
- Lead a team of engineers, help them develop new skills, and advance in their careers
- Understand future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- Provide visibility into the team’s impact to senior leadership
- Drive engineers to identify, own, and deliver critical projects impacting the entire API platform and beyond
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of API technologies (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of and experience working with a diverse group of engineers
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams to drive technology adoption
Colorado based applicants only:
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $186,700 to $280,100 in Colorado;
- This position is eligible for equity; and
- Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found at https://www.pinterestcareers.com/pinterest-life/.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.