The Web Platform team’s mission is to enable and guide web engineers to efficiently deliver high-quality and performant products to our internal customers, by providing simple and reliable platform offerings.
In practice, the team is responsible for all the reusable pieces that are shared between our Node.js and React apps: starting with libraries to CI/CD pipelines You’ll work with technologies like GraphQL, Next.js, Rush.js (monorepo), Kubernetes and Prometheus.
About the Role
DoorDash’s Developer Platform is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead its Web Platform team. This manager will also act as a technical expert on all things related to the web to empower the greater community of web engineers.
You will work closely with other Infrastructure teams as well as Product Engineering teams to enable them to build and scale their Node.js services and Web Applications.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will be…
- Leading high-impact tech initiatives that shape our Web Platform evolution
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession
- Recruiting and retaining talented software engineers
- Keeping the team connected to the needs of engineering
- Partnering with product engineering teams to understand their needs
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands-on contributions when necessary
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance
We’re excited about you because
- You have a minimum of 2 years of engineering management experience leading a team of 5+
- You have a product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.