We’re on a mission to empower innovation through a culture of collaboration by providing teams the means and methods to turn ideas and insights into reality.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 400 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As an Engagement Program Manager at a remote-first company, you will play a key role in shaping the employee experience by driving engagement and belonging through the initiatives, programs, and communities you create and manage at Mural. In this role, you will develop and lead critical aspects of the strategy, planning, and delivery of the Mural employee experience. You will have an expert understanding of the needs of Muralistas developed through multiple data points, including twice a year engagement surveys, focus groups, feedback from members of employee resource groups (ERGs), culture carriers, and other informal channels. You will use this understanding to envision and deliver an experience that enhances culture and makes Mural a great place to work, with an emphasis on collaboration and teamwork. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and innovative leader who is passionate about testing new and creative ways to drive collaboration, cultivate engagement and belonging, and delight Muralistas. You will partner with stakeholders across the people, executive, marketing, creative, and other teams to bring programs to life. You’ll gather data and report on the state of engagement and diversity at Mural, lead retrospectives, and assess how effectively our engagement strategy supports Muralistas and achieves our goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
50%: Drive initiatives to improve company-wide engagement levers, build culture in a remote-first environment, and enhance teamwork at Mural
- Conduct annual focus groups (or aggregate existing information if available) to more deeply understand key themes surfaced in the engagement survey, what Muralistas need to thrive in a remote-first environment, and where Mural is at on our journey to be a model for teamwork
- Lead or support People Team-driven initiatives aligned with engagement levers
40%: Own coordination and support of company culture programs and employee resource groups (ERGs)
- Partner with ERG leaders and members to define goals, develop plans, and measure results
- Surface questions, concerns, and recommended solutions to leadership
- Lead a team of cross-company culture carriers who have a direct line to company leadership and partner to support company engagement initiatives
- Manage an engagement calendar of events
- Develop an annual review (assessment, benchmarking) and report of the state of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Mural with recommendations to drive engagement and business results
- Manage nomination and selection process for monthly Mural Values Champion awards
10%: Own the end-to-end process for twice per year engagement survey
- Accountable for all aspects of planning and execution
- Organizing the team and scheduling regular touchpoints
- Documenting and kicking off planning using a consistent process each quarter, implementing learnings from previous surveys
- Reviewing and validating the questions set with key stakeholders
- Ensuring data quality
- Leading data analysis and reporting
- Providing or coordinating reports and summaries for stakeholders at all levers, from leadership to all company
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5 years of experience leading company culture initiatives.
- Experience working in a fast-paced company where change is constant.
- Experience leading the execution of multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to establish a position and to gain understanding and alignment.
- Others trust you. You bring a high degree of confidentiality, empathy, and approachability.
- Effectively work in a cross-functional team and collaborate with senior leaders.
- Exceptional program and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently with good judgment about when to move forward and when to bring others in on decision-making.
- Adaptable; able to proactively assess and address the needs of a diverse, global team.
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $108,000 – $135,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.