About SmartBug Media: SmartBug Media®is a fully remote, globally recognized Intelligent Inbound® marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, PR, and E-Commerce marketing. For more than 10 years, SmartBug® has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 175+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 six times, Adweek 100 the last four years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest-rated partner in the world and a Klaviyo Master Elite partner.
We are looking to add to our dynamic, dedicated, and talented team with a top-notch E-Commerce Product Marketing Manager with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that are evolving and leading the way we do marketing.
**Only U.S. based candidates will be considered as we are not currently hiring internationally**
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the E-Commerce Product Marketing Manager will be focused on the question, “How will e-commerce marketers not only know that SmartBug Media’s services solve their problems, but is THE agency for their B2C/D2C business?” This role will create launch plans and work with the marketing team, client services team, PR team, sales team, and partner Klaviyo to ensure successful e-commerce product launches and to spread the word regarding this new or improved product.
- Works with the Director of Marketing to translate the goals and objectives set in the VTO and quarterly rocks into e-commerce marketing plans.
- Implements, analyzes, reports, and optimizes the above results-driven e-commerce marketing plans
- Works collaboratively with Content Marketing Manager to create a holistic campaign schedule, then owns building and executing multi-channel campaigns and programs at scale to increase e-commerce customer acquisition and engagement, and grow pipeline generation.
- Defines critical metrics and establishes benchmarks to continually assess e-commerce marketing effectiveness across channels and campaigns to provide analysis to the team and to ensure adjustments are found early and implemented, including but not limited to traffic, leads, pipeline conversions and revenue generated using tools like Google Analytics and HubSpot.
- Consistently presents, and is a champion of, the e-commerce marketing activities in the organization, specifically as it pertains to the SmartBug sales team.
- Ensures continuous feedback loop with stakeholders on all e-commerce product marketing campaigns.
- Assists in monthly, quarterly and year end reporting for the e-commerce line of businessWorks with the Demand Gen Manager to manage contact lists in HubSpot for segmentation, suppression and targeting in the e-commerce segment
Champion the Customer and Our Services
- Assists client services with coordinating and executing customer research for validating new key services, such as product-market fit, definition of target customer, and points strategy
- Works with client services and Director of Marketing to ensure awareness of new service offerings to launch
- Contributes to SmartBug’s competitive overview of industry and services with deliverables such as internal digest of e-commerce competitor news, competitive training, or collateral communicating product differentiation
- Evaluates current e-commerce buyer persona and customer segmentation to use as a resource for product development and marketing programs
- Responsible for creating and distributing promotional campaigns for our key e-commerce services using creative briefs, project management templates, and delegating tasks where appropriate.
- Responsible for creating and distributing promotional campaigns around Klaviyo and other e-comm martech partners’ features, updates, and news (with the support of our Partner Marketing Specialist)
- `This includes creating and publishing emails, blog articles, social posts, videos, pieces of content as strategically determined by campaigns each month (in collaboration with our Content Marketing Manager and Coordinators), following our existing processes.
- Engages the sales funnel by building trust and creating “conversation” with potential e-commerce customers through events (monthly Klaviyo SmartTake webinars), campaigns, and specific calls to action.
- Works with SmartBug’s internal marketing team to execute campaigns and e-commerce product launches, this can include delegation of tasks to Coordinators on the team.
- Delegates out to and works with appropriate team members outside of the marketing team, including the paid media, client services, and PR.
- Manages collaboration with other marketing team members and in-house client services team members and SMEs as needed
Build SmartBug’s Brand & Your Own
- Practicing your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s marketing efforts each month which may include blogging, webinar hosting and/or a panelist role, and/or the creation of more premium content.
- Engaging in social media through SmartBug’s PostBeyond application.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- 3-5 years experience with e-commerce and B2C/D2C marketing
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot – you will use this day to day
- Hands-on experience with Klaviyo – this will inform the marketing you do
- Preferable HubSpot Certification in: Inbound Marketing Optimization
- Passion for digital marketing with a strong understanding of inbound and digital marketing
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with e-commerce marketing, market developments and best practices
- Proficiency in HubSpot Marketing Hub, Google Suite, Slack, Zoom,
- Admin Experience with Marketing Technologies Preferable: PostBeyond, Canva, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Adobe Creative Suite, Vidyard, ZoomInfo
- Foundational marketing and campaign management experience
- Project management skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to think creatively to provide innovative solutions for customer/business needs, plan for all eventualities, and provide solutions
- Maintains a grasp of modern technology and trends, and possesses a good understanding of the marketing landscape for maximizing organic discoverability
- The ability to analyze relevant information and make informed decisions
- The ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities across projects
- Ability to distill complex subject matter like Klaviyo use cases or technical functions into digestible, easy-to-understand content for our audience.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- Unlimited sick time
- 4 week paid sabbatical every 5 years of employment
- Monthly remote work allowance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugaPalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
- MacBook Air issued to you at time of hire