Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Vendor Management Office (VMO) is the central team at Robinhood for management of Third-Parties. We’re looking for a Director of Vendor Program Management who will lead a team of Program Managers on strategic initiatives related to Third-Party risk and performance. You will play a critical role in building and maintaining relationships with senior leaders from various Robinhood business teams. You will lead your team and drive initiatives that promote Third-Party operational excellence, quality, efficiency, and compliance. In addition, you will be responsible for implementing projects, tools and leading new continuous improvement efforts to build-out a world-class, global, Third-Party management program.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Establish, nurture, and maintain excellent business relationships with senior leaders that own various Robinhood business areas as well as top leadership at our Third-Parties. Obtain a clear understanding of Robinhood’s core business objectives and how various Third-Parties have been engaged to support these objectives. Partner with senior leaders to drive operational initiatives in collaboration with Business Owners.
- Deliver a vision for effective Third-Party risk and performance management at Robinhood. Guide your team to schedule, coordinate, and execute strategic business reviews (often called Quarterly Business Reviews, QBRs) with Third-Parties, focusing on operational performance, risk, and business priorities.
- Embrace automation and collaborate effectively with data and analytics teams. Bring data to the table and embed a data-driven mindset within your team. Use data to identify gaps / opportunities, then partner with Robinhood Business Owners and executive leadership to improve Third-Party performance. Lead your team to monitor remediation for exceptions and escalations. Identify trends and themes and provide recommendations to minimize issues in the future.
- Lead the team to evaluate Third-Party performance in the context of business, regulatory, and contractual requirements. Own and develop Third-Party scorecards and assessments.
- Partner with Business Owners to optimize Third-Party footprint across Robinhood by driving rationalization of cost and value. Monitor over-/ under-utilization and identify strategies to increase overall value for Robinhood. Influence upcoming contract renewals and provide inputs for Third-Party selection, contract strategy, and overall operations strategy.
- Lead the team’s collaboration with Robinhood internal risk and control teams in Internal Audit, Compliance, and Enterprise Risk. Continuously enhance Third-Party risk assessment, due diligence, and ongoing monitoring protocols.
- Scale up Robinhood’s Third-Party governance through a combination of data-driven automation, efficient processes, and excellent relationships.
- Develop and grow the functional and leadership capabilities of VMO team-members.
- Advanced degree in Business, Operations, Risk Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Engineering, or an equivalent field.
- 12+ years of experience in Third-Party / Vendor operations, consulting, program management, internal audit, risk management, or process reengineering.
- Ability to independently lead a team and deliver effective results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with data visualization and analysis tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc. and the ability to lead functional experts to design and implement data structures that facilitate the delivery of powerful reports and dashboards.
- Expertise with Third-Party risk and performance management. This means, you’ll need to independently understand how each key Third-Party fits into Robinhood’s business operations, the key business drivers and success factors, the contractual relationship and data flows with the Third-Party, and how to use data for risk and performance management. You should be passionate about establishing and running a mutually beneficial partnership with Third-Parties.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, develop report-outs, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.