We’re searching for a thoughtful, results-driven design leader to shape the future of our Service Hub product line. At $100M in annual revenue, Service Hub is HubSpot’s newest and fastest-growing “core” product lines with bold goals to help our customers. You’ll be leading and developing a growing team of product and content designers and partnering with product management, engineering, and research leaders to drive the vision for helping thousands of small/medium businesses deliver delightful and efficient service experiences to their customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a major impact with a team of experienced designers in a business line that is critical to HubSpot’s business strategy. We value leaders who are empathetic coaches, set a high bar of design quality, and are gifted at aligning with cross-functional partners. This leader should also have the ability to communicate and influence a large dynamic organization to help bring the team’s ideas to the world.
What types of problems do we work on?
- Service Hub is set to deliver on bold goals in 2023 that our customers are counting on. This includes delivering brand new value and improving on the existing feature set.
- In Service Hub, you’ll solve for the “underdogs of the front office” — service teams. We want to make small teams feel big, and big teams feel small.
- Our customers need to make meaningful connections with their customers in order to grow. For customer service teams this means reaching customers more efficiently across a variety of digital channels. As design leader for Service Hub you’ll be working with your team to apply the principle of connection to consumer grade product design.
- Customer support teams expect to work efficiently to respond to their customers’ needs. As design leader you’ll inspire your team to design experiences that maximize productivity by measuring customer activation, time on task, and sentiment.
- Customer service teams need to work with marketers and sales teams to ensure seamless handoffs for customers. As UX Director of Service Hub you’ll collaborate with design leaders in Marketing Hub and Sales Hub to optimize handoff opportunities.
How do we design?
- Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer’s hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs in partnership with UX, PM, engineering peers
- We respect user research and content and work cooperatively with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front end teammates
- We’re embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios.
We are looking for people who:
- Have partnered with product and engineering leaders to establish business line objectives, align on an operating system, and inspire teams to execute
- Bring demonstrated success delivering intuitive products – we value consumer-grade experience quality while solving enterprise problems
- Are skilled at collaborating with teams beyond your mission to create consistency in the product experience
- Practiced in developing design leads and managers to build and retain high performing teams through clear and actionable feedback
- Have a developed sense for balancing speed, quality, and consistency of design
- Can manage complex scenarios and drive clarity from ambiguity
- Co-create design strategy with peer leaders and designers and influence execution
- Several years of building and scaling a high-performing team of designers, leads, and managers
- Understand how to foster team health and bring a sense of mission to the product line you lead. This includes being responsible for creating a safe space for feedback, thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact
- Nice to have: You have experience leading design teams in the customer service space or relevant adjacent spaces, like productivity applications or omnichannel messaging tools
About UX at HubSpot
Our UX team is a passionate and diverse group of more than 250 product designers, content designers, researchers, and design ops folks who build consumer-grade experiences while solving enterprise-level problems. We’re set up to work as equal partners to our peers in product management and engineering. And we design and deliver a crafted experience to our customers by setting a high bar on ease of use. We’re investing deeply in building whole and healthy UX teams across all of our disciplines so we can better solve problems for our customers.
We involve our customers in every step of our development process. And we strive to deliver a B2B product that’s just as easy to use as the best B2C products on the market. When our customers grow, we grow, too!