ModSquad is looking for a Director of Technical Consulting to lead and expand our strategic advisory and innovation efforts, including our customer service, help desk, security, AI and analytics consulting offerings. These technical solutions naturally complement our best-in-class customer experience services (content moderation, customer support, community management and social media services) for the world’s best brands like Spotify, VSCO, Vimeo and Tourism Ireland. Reporting to the head of our Technology Department in this key strategic senior role, you will draw upon your extensive expertise in technology, business development and client services to collaborate with our marketing, sales, and tech departments, our partners, and our strategic consultants to build and deliver new client engagements. Your experience and passion for developing innovative and impactful client solutions will take us to the next level! If you thrive in an environment where you are able to build a team, a business practice, and celebrate success, we should talk.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee the expansion of our Technical Consulting Team and provide direct management, mentorship, and support
- Grow our consulting client portfolio through a consultative sales relationship with clients new and old Identify potential opportunities for service offerings expansion
- Develop implementation methodologies rooted deeply in best practices
- Manage team and project budgets, growth projections, and service offerings
- Maintain a global network of partners that deliver with consistent quality
- Own operational metrics, such as time-to-value, customer satisfaction and on-time completion of projects
- Evangelize and assist sales with selling and serving as an executive sponsor for strategic customers
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years experience in consultative technical consulting in a client services environment, or as a sales engineering leader in a SaaS company
- 5+ years experience supervising teams of technical professionals
- Experience building a successful Technical Consulting Team to include the people on the team and the client base to support the group (Sales, Cross Selling, Business Development, experience moves you to the top of the list)
- Experience or familiarity with generative AI, LLMs and their application in a CS/CX/Community moderation environment
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Expert in identifying creative solutions to challenges in processes and technology
- Significant experience managing projects utilizing an agile methodology, implementing Zendesk or other similar help desk platforms
- Basic knowledge of utilizing APIs or similar technology to integrate existing customer systems with the solutions we implement, where native integrations are not available or sufficient
- Excellent time management, writing and organizational skills
- A real “MacGyver” when looking at solutions; truly understanding how out-of-the box thinking can deliver spectacular results with the incredibly flexible systems and processes we have in place
- Strong sense of personal accountability and the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate expertly with and influence clients, colleagues, direct reports, and cross-functional stakeholders while working collaboratively
- High EQ and a sense of humor are required
ModSquad has been reinventing the Customer Experience Services industry since 2007. Top brands around the globe turn to us for customer support, content moderation, trust and safety, community management, and social media services. We work with startups and Fortune 500 companies and everything in between. Our client list includes Spotify, VSCO, Vimeo, Tourism Ireland, and a ton of other companies we aren’t at liberty to talk about. We support over 50 languages in more than 90 countries. We’re primarily a remote company so you’ve already seen our/your office. If you want to work with great people on cool projects for amazing brands, you’ve come to the right place.
ModSquad is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Individual base pay or rate depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job or contract duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Although we have opportunities across the globe, this advertisement, unless otherwise specified, excludes individuals residing in California, Colorado, New York, and Washington at this time.