Foundation is a digital content marketing agency with a focus on planning, creating, and distributing content for B2B brands. We work with software companies that are redefining business in their industry along with ambitious B2B brands that are growing faster than ever. Our team operates 100% remotely, and we’re obsessed with growth.
We develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. We collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We have clients from around the world. And we’re just getting started.
As the Director of Strategy, you will oversee and own a portion of our service-based clients’ overall satisfaction, retention, and growth. You will accomplish this by guiding our strategy team as they contribute to developing strategies and successful executions that lead to client results.
You are energized to foster an environment that lives up to Foundations’ values, prioritizes innovation, embraces efficiencies and achieves key profit targets quarter after quarter.
What the successful candidate will be doing:
- Accountable for the P&L associated with your projects and the percent of overall service revenue under your book of business.
- Work with the leadership team in identifying, planning and launching initiatives to improve and streamline the service arm of the company, such as how Foundation conducts research, reporting, strategy development, performance modelling, and more.
- Own department knowledge management; identify and deliver consistent strategy team training to inspire, engage and level up the team to improve their client relationships and the results for their clients.
- As a people leader, you will lead 4-5 strategists to ensure that all their projects are delivered with strategic excellence to achieve client KPIs and goals by directing full funnel content marketing recommendations for our clients.
- Responsible for overseeing the relationship with new inbound business inquiries, developing new sales contracts and closing prospective clients associated with your book of business.
- Consult with clients on various strategic initiatives, including brand positioning, persona development, journey mapping, and all aspects of digital content marketing strategy (content creation, distribution, SEO, paid, etc.) to increase site traffic and MQLs.
- Review key deliverables within your book of business before presenting them to clients.
- Attend, deliver, and coach the team surrounding client presentations.
- Identify and deliver strategy team training and contribute to the growth plan development of all strategy team members.
- Allocate work among the strategy team and manage the workflow of all strategy projects on time and within budget. As part of this, you will proactively manage staffing, onboarding, training, recruitment, development, 1:1s, and the professional development of team members within the strategy department.
- Prepare weekly leadership reporting on strategy delivery status, quality or timeline risk, team development, and overall department performance improvement recommendations.
- Attend quarterly planning meetings with the leadership team and bring forward the perspective from the strategy department.
What skills and experience the successful candidate will need:
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing agency or consulting experience.
- An understanding of how B2B SaaS companies drive growth through marketing.
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator, comfortable preparing proposals and presentations, and speaking in front of groups.
- Passion for content, marketing and has a strong understanding of leading brand thinking and constructs.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor team members.
- Managing client budgets and reporting on profitability of accounts.
- Creative problem solver.
- Must be a self-starter and nimble multi-tasker, able to handle large, complex projects.
What characteristics the successful candidate will need:
- High energy and curious by nature.
- Ability to gain authority and trust with people and build executive relationships.
- Eager to learn, with a growth mindset.
- Experience working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities.
- Strong communication and persuading skills, as well as customer-service oriented.
- Interest in media as a whole and the internet’s role in culture.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships.
- We’re a remote team, so it’s important that you’re well-organized and can manage your schedule.