Health care is all about conversations, with over 2B spoken conversations each year between patients and their care teams in just the United States. However, people forget up to 80% of those conversations, leading to worse patient outcomes. And doctors are burning out writing notes in their EMRs instead of focusing on their patients. That’s where Abridge comes in — our audio-based standalone and integrated solutions record and summarize medical conversations, anywhere care happens.
Since 2018, Abridge has been creating cutting-edge machine learning + AI technology that saves doctors and patients time, stress, and money. Working closely with and reporting directly to our Chief Commercial Officer, our Director of Sales Operations and Enablement role offers a unique opportunity to introduce and share Abridge’s technology with clinicians and physicians around the world. Working at Abridge drives real impact for millions of patients and the doctors who serve them.
Abridge is currently undergoing incredible growth. Our technology solves the #1 problem hospital CMIOs are facing regarding staffing shortages and clinician burnout. Our sales pipeline (full of pedigreed health systems) is indicative of our tech’s ability to meet the market’s need. We are incredibly well positioned to combine our technology with the growing interest in how AI can streamline healthcare operations, for doctors, patients, and payers alike. This is a golden moment in time to join Abridge where professional, financial, and personal success can all combine for the right individual. Based in Pittsburgh, but with a fully-distributed, remote-first team culture, Abridge is paradoxically using AI to help bring more humanity and connection back to health care.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the development and implementation of processes, tools, training and best practices to enhance the effectiveness of our sales team
- Create a sales operations strategy that aligns with our overall business objectives, optimizing our sales pipeline and revenue
- Develop and manage our lead qualification process along with line management responsibilities for our Business Development Representatives
- Partner closely with the sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Develop and manage sales forecast and pipeline reports, providing regular insights to the sales team and executive leadership
- Implement sales training and development initiatives to drive sales team competency and product knowledge
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure proper alignment of sales tools, enablement materials, and messaging
- Manage and refine sales performance metrics, ensuring our CRM system delivers real-time insights for effective decision-making
- You are a dynamic, collaborative, and results-driven practitioner with a passion for maximizing sales effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- You bring a strategic mindset with the ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- You have a knack for understanding the complexities of the healthcare industry and using that knowledge to drive sales.
- You are technically skilled at converting data into actionable insights and are committed to developing the skills and capabilities of the sales team.
- Your exceptional communication skills help you build strong relationships across various teams and with stakeholders
- You are technically savvy to self-navigate through Abridge’s internal technologies and stay-up-to-date on the how to use latest internal-tooling tech features
- You are extremely adept at working under pressure and intense timelines along with the flexibilty to pivot required in a small start-up environment
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or related field; Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of experience in a sales operations role within a SaaS or healthcare environment
- Proven track record in leading and developing high-performance sales operations teams
- Exceptional knowledge of CRM systems and sales technology tools, Salesforce experience is highly desirable
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience with sales training and enablement strategies
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry, especially in the context of SaaS
- Proficiency in analyzing sales performance metrics and making data-driven decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with proven ability to present to senior leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer-centric approach, focusing on delivering the best solutions for our clients
$140,000 – $150,000 a year
Based on pay transparency guidelines, a reasonable expectation for the salary range is listed, which applies to California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York, and Washington. The base salary range for other locations may vary. Actual base salary will be dependent on geographic location, relevant experience, skills, qualifications, and/or other job-related factors. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible to participate in a sales incentive plan and/or company stock option plan.
We value people who want to learn new things, and we know that great team members might not perfectly match a job description. If you’re interested in the role but aren’t sure whether or not you’re a good fit, we’d still like to hear from you.
Life at Abridge
At Abridge, we’re driven by our mission to bring understanding and follow-through to every medical conversation. Our culture is founded on doing things the “inverse” way in a legacy system—focusing on patients, instead of the system; focusing on outcomes, instead of billing; and focusing on the end-user experience, instead of a hospital administrator’s mandate.
Abridgers are engineers, scientists, designers, and health policy experts from a diverse set of backgrounds—an experiment in alchemy that helps us transform an industry dominated by EHRs and enterprise into a consumer-driven experience, one recording at a time. We believe in strong ideas, loosely held, and place a high premium on a growth mindset. We push each other to grow and expose each other to the latest in our respective fields. Whether it’s holding a PhD-level deep dive into understanding fairness and underlying bias in machine learning models, debating the merits of a Scandinavian design philosophy in our UI/UX, or writing responses for Medicare rules to influence U.S. health policy, we prioritize sharing our findings across the team and helping each other be successful.
Abridge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).