At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
The Head of Sales & Marketing Strategic Sourcing position is a hands-on, high visibility role that will require extensive and broad sourcing experience across sales and marketing third party spend. The ideal candidate is a “full-stack” sourcing expert that can do both front end stakeholder and vendor management as well as back-end contracting, RFP processes and sourcing administration. S/He will have a high capacity for work volume, ability to manage multiple requests/stakeholders, accepting of varying timelines that are not always ideal and ultimately be responsible for executing deals on behalf of Hopin in order to ensure business continuity, business speed and growth.
In this role, you will lead the sourcing processes and work alongside the Contracts Manager to review and execute deals.
- Deliver, partner and manage internal stakeholder requirements including security, legal, and diversity programs.
- Continuously find new ways to make the sourcing process more efficient.
- Ensure favorable terms, conditions and pricing in ALL contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Review specifications, analyze market and select potential suppliers based off definitive scope and requirements.
- Lead Hopin’s RFP process, analyze cost, develop strategic business terms and liaise with core teams to ensure visibility
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to select suppliers for new products, lease vs. buy decisions and optimize supplier base
- Manage vendors/suppliers through KPI’s and scorecards as necessary
- Significant experience sourcing across the sales and marketing vertical including but not limited to media/advertising, events, creative services etc.
- Unflinching attention to detail
- Solid understanding of how contracts are structured, written and negotiated.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience managing global sourcing requirements and working cross functionality to ensure stakeholder input to the deal.
- Proven ability to drive positive change and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams
- 10 + years of sourcing experience and in vendor negotiations, vendor relations and vendor management
- Possess a deep understanding of sourcing go-to-market activities and their commercial terms including use of research groups such as Gartner, Forester etc.
- Demonstrated experience collecting and analyzing data, applying principles of financial analysis, aptitude in decision making
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.