Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America’s Best Startup Employer!
Director of Partnerships
The Director of Partnerships will be responsible for managing the relationships between OpenGov and its partners. This role will be responsible for developing new partnerships, maintaining current partnerships, and overseeing any other activities that strengthen these connections.
Overall, the Director of Partnerships will be tasked with identifying potential partners who could benefit from working with OpenGov and are a value-add to our customers.
- Create/refine our partner strategy with clear measurable goals and focus on creating value-add to our customers
- Negotiate new partnerships with potential partners in order to establish mutually beneficial relationships
- Manage relationships with partners in order to ensure mutually beneficial results,
- Evaluate the performance of existing partnerships in order to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Develop and manage effective marketing campaigns to promote the company’s partner program
- Communicate with partner companies on behalf of the organization to ensure that all parties are satisfied with the current status of partnerships
- Proactively mitigate and manage escalations; communicate effectively and appropriately with stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategic plans that align with OpenGov and partner goals and objectives
- Establish effective communication channels with partners in order to foster productive working relationships
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities in order to identify potential opportunities for new partnerships
- Bachelor’s degreein a related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in account management / partnership management with 3+ of those years focusing on enterprise level partnerships required
- Able to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential information required
- Experience in refining and building a partnerships strategyrequired
- Strong knowledge of software companies involved with state and local government landscape preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times’ 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We’re powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.