Kickstarter is looking for an experienced customer-focused marketing leader to own the strategy and execution of end-to-end lifecycle marketing initiatives. You will manage a team of lifecycle marketing experts to build loyalty and engagement with backers and creators by crafting campaigns that touch them throughout their customer journey.
The salary range for this position in the United States is $153,000 – 187,000.
About the Team
Lifecycle Marketing is within the larger Creator & Backer Success team, which focuses on driving shared success with our community. We provide helpful touchpoints to our community – advising, engaging, and educating through both one-to-one and one-to-many channels to help the community bring creative projects to life through Kickstarter.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage a team of lifecycle marketers in crafting effective strategies that impactfully engage our customers throughout their journeys.
- Develop and execute lifecycle marketing strategies for both backers and creators that drive retention, loyalty, and pledge volume.
- Own lifecycle marketing channels and performance results for email, push, and in-app messages.
- Develop and maintain channel and tool best practices across all efforts.
- Inform our technology choices for lifecycle marketing efforts and manage the day-to-day vendor relationships of these efforts.
- Bring an experimental approach to test campaigns that drive performance.
- Build reports and dashboards to monitor campaign activity and impact. Establish KPIs and know the drivers that identify an opportunity.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, utilizing customer journeys, data, and insights to identify and align on opportunities to grow and optimize our plans.
- You are an experienced leader and manager, able to set direction, communicate clear expectations, and mentor staff to reach their full potential.
- You have a deep understanding of marketing, sales funnels, and customer journeys and how to effectively use these in lifecycle marketing strategies with industry best practices.
- You have a strong ability to gather input and establish alignment between a large number of stakeholders.
- You have strong analytical skills with examples of making data-driven decisions to optimize performance and strategy and hands-on experience with data analytics tools like Amplitude, Segment, and Looker.
- You have a background in email marketing and are an expert on compliance (Can-Spam, GDPR, CASL).
- You have fundamental knowledge of email service providers (Braze, Sendgrid, etc) and 3rd party vendors like Movable Ink and Email On Acid.
- BONUS: Be a creator or entrepreneur yourself.
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Fridays off! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with a 4-day/32-hour workweek so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We’re also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.