We are looking for a highly-skilled mobile games expert and leader to drive the growth and expansion of multiple games within Boss Fight’s portfolio. The ideal candidate is highly organized, an excellent communicator, has experience with high-fidelity game development, and can effectively prioritize and align titles and content for multiple games.
The Director of Game Development (DoGD) is responsible for ensuring our products are engaging, entertaining, and meet the highest quality standards set by internal and external stakeholders in Netflix Games Studios. In addition to driving the development strategy priorities, and creative and technical approaches, the DoGD will work across multiple teams, leaders, and lines of business with many partners in and outside of Boss Fight to deliver outstanding games to Netflix customers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (internal and external): Define and align on high-level product goals, creative direction, accessibility, marketing, and launch schedules.
- Lead the development effort: Accountable for the strategy and all facets of the development process across assigned projects/games while partnering with internal and external development teams. Works in close collaboration with project General Managers.
- Scale and Grow Business: Build passion and momentum, attract, develop, inspire, and lead high performers, creating a culture that motivates, grows, and retains high-functioning, stunning colleagues.
- Central Partnerships: Work in deep partnership with central groups, leveraging consumer and market insights, as well as platform services and technological expertise to drive effective release strategies, and work to continually push our product(s) to the top of the charts.
- Budget and P&L: Accountable for overseeing the budget on all assigned projects, and schedules, forecasting, licensing, outsourcing costs, and internal/external reporting.
- Live Operations: Use data to ensure our products are released into a live environment on time and within budget, and the required criteria for testing and accessibility are within NGS specifications and approved.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate and creatively problem-solve across multi-function teams
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize opportunities for optimal results
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform decision making
- A passion for gaming with extensive knowledge of the industry and trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills up, down, and outward
Education and Experience
- At least 10+ years of experience in a GM or similar senior production management role with a successful track record of driving engagement, and player satisfaction in mobile gaming
- Proven experience operating and growing a top mobile title(s)
- Prior experience in a startup company is a plus but not required
- Experience managing or mentoring multi-disciplinary teams and leaders
- Adaptable with the ability to collaborate and efficiently lead multiple distributed teams
- MBA or equivalent experience
Please note this job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Location: Remote USA or Canada
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $240,000 – $1,000,000.