Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a Director of Finance to lead the GoFundMe FP&A team. Corporate FP&A is the financial hub of GFM operations. We partner across the company to shape our financial profile, provide insightful and actionable analysis that empowers growth, and bring clarity and focus to our colleagues, leadership, and board. Corporate FP&A manages our centralized financial processes including the preparation of our quarterly results and forecast, budgeting and strategic planning, and management and board reporting.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a strong track record of leading high-performance finance teams. This is a critical position within the finance organization with direct contribution to highly visible outputs. You will be a good fit if you’ve had success: establishing trust across multiple functions, building and executing against a strategic plan, and are tenacious in pursuing the “why?”
- Lead strategic planning including ownership and oversight over our long-range and annual operating plan by partnering across GFM to help set our strategic priorities and shape our future financial profile.
- Mentor the existing team of analysts while managing the analyses that drive key business decisions and monitor operating KPIs to track progress of critical initiatives.
- Thought partner to the executive team and key leaders across product, engineering, marketing, communications, and customer care.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop data-driven investment theses, business cases, and success criteria for initiatives that enable growth and drive efficiency across GFM.
- Hands on the wheel financial partner to our operating teams helping each team and the company achieve operating and financial targets
- Manage annual planning roadmap including identifying key deliverables, setting clear milestones, and resolving cross-functional dependencies to drive company-wide alignment.
- Enhance internal controls by developing, implementing, and managing policies and processes that scale our financial and business operations.
- Drive automation and improve existing business systems, recurring processes, and financial reporting.
- Minimum of 10 years of Finance experience in public B2C companies; experience in the payments or P2P fundraising space is a plus
- Consistent track record of managing high-performance finance teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build successful relationships and partner across the organizational structure.
- Can navigate networks of systems and people to find the information you need and are tenacious in solving unsolved problems and bringing clarity to areas of confusion.
- Take pride in your analytical and financial modeling skills and enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans to drive clarity and results.
- Can synthesize a clear and succinct story dictated by the numbers
- Meticulous and detail-orientated with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness.
Why you’ll love it here…
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $180,000 – $260,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.