Fuzzy is a health and wellness pet company building for the pet parent. We’re changing the way pet parents think about caring for their pets, looking to empower the pet parent by putting caring for our pets on autopilot.
At Fuzzy, we work every day to make veterinary care more accessible. Of the 200 million dogs and cats in the US, more than 100 million receive no veterinary care. Through technology we’re creating a different type of relationship between vets and pet parents – one that is personal, empowering, and for the long haul.
We are looking for someone who has thrived working in high-growth, complex businesses and is excited to join a company at an exciting point to help architect the business for a phase of accelerated growth. You’ll have proven analytical and strategic experience and are able to develop and implement creative solutions to solve operational challenges. You will own the company’s operating plan and work with the executive team on building scalable and profitable business strategies. You will partner with cross-functional teams to translate initiatives into financial performance. You are excited to help grow our current small team to a world-class organization that is customer oriented and highly accountable.
What you’ll do
- Work with the executive team and board of directors to measure and optimize the financial performance of the company
- Own the financial model, forecasting, cash vs. burn, and cap table
- Work with Marketing and Operations groups to build optimal product lines
- Design and build reporting systems for senior leadership and other departments to accurately track KPIs including Gross Margins, Churn, Expansion
- Oversee accounting, bookkeeping, and other operational processes
- Own accounts payable and receivable
- Negotiate contracts with customers and vendors
- Long term: recruit, manage, and retain a strong team of finance, operations, and legal professionals
Who you are
- 8+ years relevant work experience in startups, venture capital, private equity, investment banking, accounting or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS metrics and business fundamentals
- Expertise with accounting, corporate finance, bookkeeping, contracts and other operational areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- you will regularly present to the board of directors
What We Offer:
Employee stock options in a VC backed startup
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision
A collaborative team of people who live our core values everyday
Centrally located SF office within the Twitter building
Our team is fully distributed