At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We’re looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are hiring a Director of Field and Events to join us on our mission to help scientists create and share beautiful, professional scientific figures.
The Director of Field and Events will be responsible for driving brand awareness and achieving sales goals through the planning and execution of virtual and in-person events. They will also support the growth and demand marketing teams with logistics for webinars and field events, and work with the product marketing and creative teams to develop event-related content aligned with target audiences.
Our ideal fit:
- Is process-driven and data-focused
- Able to take action and deliver results while leading and building a team
- A strong leader with the ability to develop others
- Resourceful and able to turn chaos into order through clear communication
- A strategic thinker with strong project management skills and attention to detail
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and manage the annual conference and event plan and budget in collaboration with other teams and the PR agency
- Plan and execute virtual and in-person industry events, including budget management, material creation, marketing, speaker coordination, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, and on-site production
- Conduct post-event evaluations and ROI analysis, and report results and recommendations to the sales and marketing teams
- Manage company swag vendors and online store, and support swag needs for internal teams
- Support logistics and programming for field events, including ambassador and advocate events
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience in experiential, field, or event marketing, ideally in a fast-paced, Saas start-up environment
- 3+ years leading a team of events specialists
- Expertise in event planning and sponsorships, including budgeting, negotiation, and logistics
- Experience with strategy development and execution of GTM and product launch campaigns
- Advanced understanding of marketing program management tools, processes, and reporting
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally with diverse partners and build relationships across teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex programs, processes, recommendations, and data to audiences at all levels
Why Join Us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We’re proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.