Are you passionate about making a change in healthcare? Are you driven by innovation? Are you looking for an environment that you can have fun, be you and be a part of an amazing culture while still driving change and innovation? Then Osso VR is the place for you!
Osso VR is the leading virtual reality surgical training and assessment platform. Our technology is being used by the top medical device companies to train thousands of surgeons, on dozens of the latest surgical techniques, in over twenty countries around the world. Our mission is to improve patient outcomes through better training and assessment, increase the adoption of higher value medical technology, and democratize access to the latest surgical techniques globally.
While we are extremely proud of the work we do, we are just as excited and proud of our team members and culture! Since the beginning of Osso VR we have been a 100% remote company and feel as though we have perfected the way we can communicate, engage, and interact with each other even though our team is, quite literally, all over the map! At Osso VR we believe that the work we do, and your personal life are both equally important to make dreams happen! We are inspired to dream big, drive innovation, and deliver while still finding a way to have fun at the same time!
The product team at Osso VR creates the plan for Osso VR at the tactical and strategic levels. We define and prioritize features, facilitate communication within the company and with our partners, and do customer research. Our influential and effective group loves Osso’s unique combination of autonomy and collaboration and appreciates Osso’s mission.
We are excited to be looking for a Director of Design to join our stellar team at Osso VR!
At Osso VR, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace where you can be authentically you!
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job description. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply to the role if you’re excited about the opportunity. Even if you do not align with every qualification, you may still be the right candidate for the position or other open roles within the company!
As the Director of Design, you will oversee and manage user experience, interface design, and visual design for Osso VR. This includes managing and supporting the existing UX and design teams, as well as individually contributing work on the 2D assets and design, VR experience design, and user research. You will provide assistance on complex problems to the existing designers. You will anticipate complex, interrelated design problems across the company, and grow the team to solve them as we scale.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage and work with UX designer and visual designer
- Develop and implement strategy for UX and visual design of the Osso product
- Unify and improve UI/UX and visual design across Osso VR’s 2D and 3D assets
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and other groups to create workflows, interactions, and specifications
- Find best practice and creative solutions to unique UX problems
- Define the best interaction models and evaluate their success
- Perform regular user research, user studies, and usability testing
- Interact with customers to understand their needs
- Subject matter expert for UI/UX issues and competitive products
- Provide some marketing design support
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- At least 5 years practical UI/UX experience and/or visual design experience, shipping B2C or B2B products
- Portfolio demonstrating UI/UX, visual design experience, and marketing assets
- Understanding of, and ability to apply interaction design principles and information architecture across web, mobile, and other platforms
- Practical experience with user testing, including selecting metrics / KPIs and measuring product changes against them
- Previous experience managing UX or visual design teams
- Experience building prototypes (analog or digital)
- Excellent communication skills
- VR / AR design experience preferred
- Unity, Unreal, or other 3D middleware experience preferred
- Graphic design skills and ability to create assets a plus
- Medical industry or Enterprise experience a plus
- Video game industry experience a plus
- Scrum / Agile development experience a plus
- You should be comfortable using VR for extended periods of time
- You should be willing to view graphic surgical videos as reference material
Our compensation package includes a base salary of $160,000-$208,000 as well as an incentive bonus and equity options.
Osso VR offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health advocacy
- Virtual Health
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Other voluntary benefits available
This position is fully remote only in the United States at this time.
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of our team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.