Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
As the Director of Consumer Data Science, you will be responsible for leading multiple teams across Reddit’s entire consumer product surface. You will help to drive user growth, engagement through experimentation and strategic data analytics. In addition, you will help to improve the underlying data foundation at Reddit to improve the efficacy of the Data Science team and to start to shepherd a self-service analytics model within the company.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reporting into the VP of Data Science and Safety, you will partner with all of the consumer engineering and product VPs and directors at Reddit to drive successful product strategy and maximize progress towards our company goals. In addition, you will partner with the Director of Ads Data Science to unlock the collective analytical skills of the entire company by driving a self-service analytics model, enabling everyone to scratch their data itch.
You will be accountable for building, growing, and mentoring a world-class team of analysts and data scientists to help Reddit reach its goal of bringing community and belonging to everyone.
- Develop, drive and execute a long term vision and strategy for consumer data science
- Inform and drive product strategy and tactics through high quality data analysis
- Engage with executives about metric choices, how they compliment each other, and how they can be driven
- Improve the quality and accessibility of Reddit data to improve data science efficacy and to enable self-service data analytics for non data scientists
- Partner with other data science leaders to Identify and implement tools to improve the speed, impact, and collaborative efforts of the data science team
- Hire, develop and mentor data scientists, analysts, and data science managers
- 6+ years of experience building and managing data science teams
- 10+ years of experience in the data science field, preferably with experience at consumer tech companies
- Strong experience in data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance), data warehousing, and experimentation platforms. You know what great looks like, and you’ve helped to build it
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, and product
- You have a track record of driving outcomes leveraging data, not just providing insights
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].