At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off-sites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
GoDaddy’s Corporate Strategy team is seeking a high energy and analytical strategy professional with a bias to action. While being sensible is important, we are not looking for cerebral strategy thinkers; we’re looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, get into the details, and partner across our organization to guide the company’s strategy setting processes and connect strategy to operations. This position is highly visible across GoDaddy, including interaction with our leadership and external parties.
What you’ll get to do…
- Lead as part of the regular and off-cycle strategic development process, working with both corporate leaders and leadership within divisions.
- Cultivate and manage conversations around key topics, creating good debates that lead to productive decision making.
- Support operational leaders as they connect their strategies to their week-to-week management, including supporting sophisticated, cross-organizational initiatives.
- Help to develop documents to facilitate cross-functional discussions and reporting on key initiatives.
- Research and conduct quantitative analysis for our company and divisional strategies, including financial analysis, opportunity sizing, industry context, operational assessments, and product strategy.
- Support research-style projects as a point of leverage for high priority strategic review items, including build, buy, partner assessments in partnership with corporate development.
- Own scenario planning and strategic option development.
- Collaborate with M&A and investment transactions to further GoDaddy’s strategy.
Your experience should include…
- A background in strategy consulting, internal corporate strategic planning, investment banking, investing, transformation project or program management roles, business management, or similar.
- Subject matter expertise of technology markets; expertise in small business technology, commerce, payments, web presence, domains, or related fields are preferred, but not required. Technical expertise is not required, but advantageous.
- Alignment with our team’s core tenants:
- Lock arms, walk through walls. The sign of a well-functioning team (including cross-organizational alignment) is that team members charge at hard problems together and, when they hit the wall, no one holds back.
- Talent is about rivers, not lakes. As an organization that develops key business leader skills, we plan for development and deployment. Our team is a feeder for future senior leaders in our business.
- We are finished works in progress; we learn by doing. Our team are qualified and capable people; by being here, you are affirmed in our identity. This gives us freedom to learn by doing rather than learning before doing.
- Our work is our culture. Culture is critical to our team, which we believe is cultivated most by how we work as a remote, async-first team. We maximize live sessions for personal connection, while async work drives our output.
- 1% every day. GoDaddy has big, disruptive goals. Progress towards these goals requires the ability to improve our position in its component parts. As the GoDaddy Corporate Strategy team, we must iteratively improve how we guide the company in strategy formation and operationalization of our strategy.
Your abilities should include…
- Exceptional strategic and analytical capabilities, including the ability to work through complex details and meticulous analysis that results in clear frameworks and compelling positioning.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills, to be applied in the assessment of strategic options and decision making.
- You can connect strategy and objectives to measures, including the operational drivers that connect to company, employee, and customer behaviors.
- A pattern of consistently maintaining an outside-in perspective, including the ability to connect where something is to where it ought to go.
- Ability to assess quantitative and qualitative information quickly to determine which portion of a decision is calculable and which is an ambiguous, unresolvable risk.
- Excellent project management abilities in connecting team members across organizational boundaries to a common set of deliverables.
- Thought leadership; ability to advise internal partners and leaders on a preliminary decision set as well as ongoing implementation.
- Ability to build agreement around strategic decisions amidst competing interests/priorities and multiple stakeholders with differing perspectives.
- Rich emotional intelligence as applied to both the ambiguity of strategic projects and engagements with teams. Confidence in ambiguity that stems from character, not arrogance.
- Strong understanding of technology trends across existing paradigms and the 2-, 5-, and 10-year horizons.
- Communicative skills: clear written and verbal communication (PowerPoint skills are not required; in fact, they may hold you back in this role).
- Ability to explain sophisticated ideas into easy-to-understand communications – verbal and written
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us… GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected].
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R014224
GoDaddy’s compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual’s qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York City – $152000.00 to $190000.00
- Colorado – $128000.00 to $160000.00