A little about us
Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we have grown rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we’re just getting started. As a fully distributed startup, we’ve built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 47 countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we’re passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We’re an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
Location: +5/-8 GMT (Anywhere in Americas, Europe, Middle East or Africa)
What we’re looking for…
Oyster’s newly established Account Management team is looking for a Director of Account Management. We’re rapidly growing out customer-base and are recruiting a Director of Account Management to ensure the best experience for our customers and the fast development of our Account Management team.
This is a strategic role within the commercial organization, building the foundations of what will become the largest revenue generating team over time. The chosen candidate will need to collaborate with multiple stakeholders within Oyster to build on the best in class Account Management function. Some of the fastest growing tech companies in EMEA are clients – this role ensures the best experience possible for these.
The core Oyster Sales DNA requires that these candidates:
- Are able to show numerous examples of how they have worked successfully in teams and contributed to the progress of others who have worked with them
- Show enthusiasm and passion for the work they do, and come across as engaging and motivated to the people they meet, especially their customers
- Can talk in detail about their past performance and the experiences and lessons learnt that help them to manage their performance more effectively today
- Demonstrate a genuine curiosity about their customers’ businesses and subsequent needs. Being able to talk extensively about the customer problems they have helped to solve in their previous roles
- Have a bias for action, working proactively to ensure they always meet the number while ensuring that their customers get the best service possible
- Enjoy problem solving and can share anecdotal evidence of challenges overcome, the lessons learned and how this helps them today
- Bring your experience in setting up an Account Management function previously – work with the existing account managers to establish the best structure for success of our customers
- Establish internal process and efficient structure in order for the Account Management team to serve both our Tier 1 & 2 clients
- Define the regional account planning approach and cadence, setting up both internal and external stakeholders for success
- Focus team on the growing number of up-sell and cross sell opportunities consistent with a platform GTM approach
- Identify inefficiency in current set up of the team and understand how to improve and streamline Account Management operations
- Enable to team to focus on building customer relationships, account growth and customer satisfaction
- Bring in the best in class Account Management tools that integrate into the existing sales Stack
- Coach individual account managers so they can develop and grow with the business as we scale to beyond $100m ARR
- 7+ years experience in leading a team of Account Managers within SaaS
- Track record of building a best in class Account Manager team
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience with the digital tools and tactics of B2B prospecting (eg SalesLoft, Zoom)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- BONUS Experience working within an early stage scale up
- BONUS Passionate about remote work
- BONUS Experience selling or talking to the HR function
- BONUS Speak two or more languages to business proficient level