See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Sr. Digital Sales Representative on Twilio’s .Org team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to play a key role in further growing Twilio’s social impact. As our Sr. Digital Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for lead qualification, net new customer acquisition, solution selling, and closing deals within our nonprofit SMB accounts. You will also lead process improvements and partner with marketing and sales to improve efficiencies and conversion rates.
In this role, you will:
- Drive lead qualification and nurturing of Twilio.org’s named account customers across community & social services, healthcare, education, and public sector
- Be responsible for net new customer acquisition and driving new revenue while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Manage entire sales cycles and close new revenue for Twilio.org accounts while managing your assigned account list and addressing issues that may arise
- Identify inefficiencies and process gaps across our sales development, marketing, and sales motion that could be optimized to improve our conversion rates, deal sizes, and time to close.
- Build team-wide programs and processes to increase efficiency, customer experience, and conversion; then train and onboard the team on these processes.
- Work with customers to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that, together, you can design a solution for their specific use case needs.
- Work diligently with cross-functional internal teams (Sales, Sales Development, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Support) to address customer requirements, advise on digital communication strategies, and help customers get started on the Twilio platform.
- Be an owner to drive deals forward, knock down obstacles for our customers and internally, and find the best solution for each customer, and recommend process improvements to support the whole team.
- Develop expertise in the social impact and nonprofit market to help prospective customers understand how others are leveraging Twilio’s platform to scale their reach and missions.
- Have world-class interpersonal and communication skills to make complex technical and financial details sound simple.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- At least 3 years of sales, marketing, and/or operations experience in a technical SaaS/CPaaS space, with a record of top performance.
- An understanding (or interest to understand) the cloud computing/communications business model and excitement for selling to a technical audience while utilizing a solution-oriented approach to selling.
- Deep personal interest in the social impact market and dedicating your career to making a positive difference.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effortlessly make complex technical and financial details sound simple.
- Technical solutions selling experience – including closing experience – and enjoys working with customers to solve their problems.
- High adaptability, with comfort trying new things and building within a rapid-paced environment, comfort with ambiguity and change.
- Strong process-orientation, focus on amplifying improvements in your own work by improving systems and processes across the team.
- World-class organization, prioritization, and documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to adapt to different campaigns as needed.
This role will be located Remotely. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $31.01/hr – $38.76/hr.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $34.45/hr – $43.07/hr.
- This role is eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.