What you’ll be doing
- Use technical expertise to review and evaluate bots and user generated content for compliance with our Community Guidelines and Developer Policy.
- Develop internal tools for detecting and assessing violations in our platform ecosystem.
- Write reports and analyze trends on emerging issues within the platform ecosystem, for a cross-functional audience.
- Work with Customer Experience, Legal, Trust & Safety, and PR in responding to sensitive issues.
- Analyze new and potential features and propose plans to help reduce or remove bot abuse before it happens
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education / experience
- Knowledge using APIs or SDKs.
- Passion for supporting our users and developers with unwavering patience and empathy.
- Ability to excel in ambiguous situations and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- Capable at translating complicated findings or technical approaches in easy to understand ways.
- Have a desire to work with amazing, passionate people who care about solving challenging problems to keep Discord a safe place for all users.
- Last but not least – a collaborative attitude and natural curiosity
- Previous experience enforcing or interpreting developer policies.
- Previous experience with fraud detection and other Trust and Safety work.
- Cybersecurity or privacy certifications, including:
- CIPP, CIPM or CIPT
- CISSP, CISA, Security+
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $117,000 to $126,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-HY1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!